Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@Scorpius - just some random thoughts: AIUI(judging from the system menu plugin) this is a standalone application not integrated with n900 messaging system. But AFAIK Qt plugin could be integrated with it without much of a hassle. Is there anything (besides your decision to share your watsapp test application in the state it is so far) preventing such an integration.

Note: I am not using/will not use Watsapp and not really interested in the way it will develop.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@Scorpius - just some random thoughts: AIUI(judging from the system menu plugin) this is a standalone application not integrated with n900 messaging system. But AFAIK Qt plugin could be integrated with it without much of a hassle. Is there anything (besides your decision to share your watsapp test application in the state it is so far) preventing such an integration.

Note: I am not using/will not use Watsapp and not really interested in the way it will develop.
I really tried that at the beginning but I found a couple of obstacles:

- Telepathy-Qt4 can only be used to implement clients (another "Conversation" app) and not IM protocols.

- You would only be able to implement basic messaging. No Whatsapp smileys, no thumbnails when you receive multimedia messages, etc. Nothing of the sort can be rendendered using Conversations.

There were more but I can't remember.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Spain
very nice job @Scorpius i posted ur api in spanish in phonesfera

The Following User Says Thank You to Verssetti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
Hi,

i just wanted to inform that installation and logging in went fine for me.
Many thanks for this client and i hope there are enough interested users so that you continue the development !!!

Regarding the contacts list: Since i store several numbers for each contact (landline, mobile, etc) these contacts are listed several times with their names when creating a chat.
I know which contacts use Whatsapp and that they use their mobile numbers, so the contact sync is not that important by now.
But is there already a way to find out which number i took when i select a contact name? Otherwise i would need to send a message to all numbers of a contact and see from where i get an answer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DerCommander For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
what would happen if i had registered for whatsapp from Nitdroid on my n900?

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by DerCommander View Post
But is there already a way to find out which number i took when i select a contact name? Otherwise i would need to send a message to all numbers of a contact and see from where i get an answer
Same thing happens to me for some contacts, but I decided to leave it like that since the contact synchronization will automatically fix that (and I hope to implement it soon...)

Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post
what would happen if i had registered for whatsapp from Nitdroid on my n900?
Good question... I'm not sure if the Android Whatsapp client has the very same encryption method of the IMEI. Anyway the worse that could happen is that you can't log in with Yappari, but you would still be able to login with Nitdroid just fine. Try it and tell us what happens.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-05-31 at 07:46.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Did you register your number with your real IMEI using the Java port or you used a fake IMEI?

To get your IMEI dial *#06#

If you forget the IMEI you used for the Java port, type this in your device as user (not root):
Code:
grep IMEI ~/.java/.userPrefs/org/peterbjornx/whatsapp/storage/prefs.xml
are they the same number?
yes they are the same

hey i am having poblem i used java port some days ago after i removed i have also lumia 800 i am using whats app in lumia now again today i installed java port again but now i cant login or not abel to register with my imei after i tryed my brother phones imei ...

my brother using 5233 i installed whatsapp in 5233 i puted my mobile number in 5233 after veryfication code i recived on my n900 that code i puted in java port with 5233 imei remember i puted 5233 imei not my n900 imei after java port now working wth 5233 imei but yapperi not conect and i cant register with my n900 imei everytime unknow error comes

i cant use whatsjava port with my n900 imei but if i use any other divice imei its working i dont know what i do

Last edited by naru; 2012-05-31 at 08:52.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Excellent port and working fine. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
any other way to register my imei in java port everything i doned i just login with 5233 my brother imei but not abel to use my n900 imei thats why yappari not working

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp