Notices

Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
wesh mousse =D
yes !!!! Always here lol

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Ok, I'll be that guy.
Can we have emoji support?

No, I'm joking, they'll come when they'll come.
I think the pulley menu needs some tweaking though, too many entries. Many of them could be grouped into "Settings" and made accessible via a menu page rather than directly in the pulley (imho). Also, it would be nice to have some way to sort/filter the contacts (online/offline mainly).

Anyway, thank you coderus, good job as usual. I was going to report a small bug in which after using the pulley menu the scrolling on the message list got stuck (present in the preview version from yesterday) but I see it's already fixed in the new one.

When do you think you are going to publish it in harbour? Would be great to have automatic updates

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@Watchmaker you can add my openrepos repository and receive updates
it will be published to harbour when stable

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
A native whatsapp is very welcome. I guess switching back and forth between this and android whatsapp is going to be a problem with registration, like with yappari? So maybe I'll wait a bit before trying it out.

Will there be a possibility for multiple chat windows? That's the one thing I really really miss from yappari. But is it even doable that way in Sailfish?

Thanks for the hard work on bringing us a WhatsApp client already! So quick .

Anyhow, I'm not receiving the registration code - I entered the phone number in the way WhatsApp always wants it to (international format), but the SMS never arrived. I can't retry right away (it gives me a message about having to wait xx number of minutes), but I will do so once it's possible.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@Ozymandias first question: http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/21009863
and ui changes wont be in near future.
@thomholwerda you can try entering random 6 digits, and after fail use voice call request.

Sooo.... that means that on the same device with the same number I can use both (not at the same time, of course.)?

It worked fine the second time! The application works great too!

Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Sooo.... that means that on the same device with the same number I can use both (not at the same time, of course.)?
Well, as Alien Dalvik presents itself as "alien_bionic_unknown" or something similar, and I think Sailfish in Jolla presents itself as Jolla, then whatsapp servers think they're different devices. Just my guesswork, though.

Oh, i would have thought the device recognition would work via IMEI. Well in that case I'll just wait a little longer, but looking forward to using this app

Tags
coderus, it's a trapp, jolla, sailfish, whatsapp, whatscrapp