Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Tamil Nadu, India
great work Ceene. Contributors like you mean a lot to this community. Keep up the good work. And thanks a lot for the update. Will try it out.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to davisrases For This Useful Post:
Thanks for continuing the project.

Questions.

Is there supouse to be blue checks or still the green ones?

The caption thing, if you put a caption, when people recieve the picture will see the caption? (don't know how it works on official).

If so, i will be able to see this caption from someone who send me a picture captioned? (recieve duh, mostly wants to know in groups).

Does this work just in personal or in groups chats too?

Greetings.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Thanks for continuing the project.
You're welcome

Is there supouse to be blue checks or still the green ones?
You should see one green check when the message has arrived to Whatsapp servers. When the message has reached the receiver's device, it will turn into two green checks.

And finally, when the user has read, the two green checks will turn into two blue checks.

However, this functionality is still buggy. It doesn't work on groups and sometimes the blue checks don't appear when they should. However, there are no false positives (it will never turn to blue if the user hasn't opened your conversation).

Also, Yappari isn't still able to notify the other party of the conversation that we have read their messages, so from 1.1.52 you can see blue checks but they won't see them yet.

The caption thing, if you put a caption, when people recieve the picture will see the caption? (don't know how it works on official).

If so, i will be able to see this caption from someone who send me a picture captioned? (recieve duh, mostly wants to know in groups).

Does this work just in personal or in groups chats too?
People will see that an image has been sent and the caption you wrote for it (and viceversa for images you received). Then, the image will be downloaded and they could see both the image along its caption. This means that even if the connection is slow, as soon as they are notified of a sent image, they will see the caption below its thumbnail.

Before version 1.1.52 it is possible that people were sending you images with captions and you weren't able to see the caption associated, thus missing part of the information.

This is an official feature, and it works on Yappari exactly the same as in the official clients, working both on individual and group chats.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Hi cenee!

Many thanks for keeping Yappari alive & many thanks to scorpious as well for all his huge effort in Yappari.

As I must use Yappari every day for professional reasons losing Yappari availability would mean losing my lovely n900 too... I hope that not to happend ever!!

Please consider to open a "donate" link to support your unvaluable work.

Best wishes to you & scorpious

The Following User Says Thank You to capitannemo For This Useful Post:
The blue check is more like purple, i mean is very dark blue.

Maybe could be change to the same color of the icon or a blue that match with the grey of the (you) part of conversation.

Or stay like that, there's no chance to don't notice the diference with the green.

Greetings.

Hi Ceene Thank you for taking the project over and putting time and effort into it. Much appreciated.

Is it possible to put a link in the update notice where the new version can be downloaded? I cant find it in App Manager.

Thanks for going on with this project.
I, like alll maemo users, hate it, but in Spain has got the monopoly of its kind of services. So thanks to this kind of efforts we can communicate with people outside maemo world.

Good luck with the project

The Following User Says Thank You to magio0_0 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by capitannemo View Post
Hi cenee!

Many thanks for keeping Yappari alive & many thanks to scorpious as well for all his huge effort in Yappari.

As I must use Yappari every day for professional reasons losing Yappari availability would mean losing my lovely n900 too... I hope that not to happend ever!!

Please consider to open a "donate" link to support your unvaluable work.

Best wishes to you & scorpious
Hi!

You know, I bought my N900 on March, I have had it for less than a year now.

On one hand, this phone fully represents what I believe to be cutting edge technology (when Nokia was still Nokia) both in terms of hardware and software. Of course it's a bit outdated now, but I found the combination of hardware+software that gives live to our N900 makes it useful still today. This is one reason for which I bought a N900.

On the other hand, while I was researching if N900 would suit my purposes, I found maemo.org and this wonderful community. I saw that even today, people were still creating new software and maintaining a race against upstream to fully support software such as evernote, dropbox and, of course, Whatsapp.

What I mean is, I am so very happy that you and lots like you and me are still using N900, and I am so very happy that Scorpius has been actively coding Yappari just until a few days, just in time for me to catch up and add a bit of functionality I missed and keep you all updated.

So, having said all that, I don't believe I deserve any tip for the little work I've done, for I am in much debt with all of you. If you feel like you want to reward someone for the availability of Yappari, donate to Scorpius, Cepiperez, Coderus and to the maemo.org community to keep running its servers.

That would make me more happy than having a few beers on any of you. Just keep making this site what it is and make it last for as long as possible.

Best wishes to you too

Last edited by ceene; 2015-01-26 at 11:43.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
The blue check is more like purple, i mean is very dark blue
You're right, it's quite a bit dark. For the next release I'll lighten it a bit, with the default black background it's difficult to see.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari