Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by Frasier View Post
Is it possible to put a link in the update notice where the new version can be downloaded? I cant find it in App Manager.
Done! When it is finally promoted, it'll be available at extras-testing, then testers will have to vote it to be promoted to extras, but for now you can download it from the links above.

Regards

The Following User Says Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
You're right, it's quite a bit dark. For the next release I'll lighten it a bit, with the default black background it's difficult to see.
That will be great, also how about only changing one tick to blue instead of both? i mean left one will be green and right one blue.

Originally Posted by Sohil876 View Post
That will be great, also how about only changing one tick to blue instead of both? i mean left one will be green and right one blue.
I'd absolutely do that if Yappari was not trying to follow Whatsapp, but I'd rather not confuse people with different symbology between the official client and ours... but I do like the idea, nonetheless.

Maybe it's time to think about skins, so everyone can choose their own icons?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
I am not using yappari anymore, but fixing the 'always online' thing which scorpius refused to implement before,would be appreciated .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baboo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by baboo View Post
I am not using yappari anymore, but fixing the 'always online' thing which scorpius refused to implement before,would be appreciated .
I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about that, I must have missed some posts on the old thread. Could you explain it?

Thank you!

The Following User Says Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about that, I must have missed some posts on the old thread. Could you explain it?

Thank you!
Yappari always sending available presence. Need an option to choose between available and unavailbale.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
@ceene @coderus :

hey, please tell me what do i need to recompile yappari?? i already have scratchbox. is that enough ??

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Yappari always sending available presence. Need an option to choose between available and unavailbale.
Oh, that's indeed useful, and I believe Whatsapp does that as well.

I can't promise anything because I don't know the reasons Scorpius had not to do it and maybe it's hard to implement, but I'm creating an issue right now at github and if it's possible I'll definitely try to make it happen.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by insanelysexy View Post
@ceene @coderus :

hey, please tell me what do i need to recompile yappari?? i already have scratchbox. is that enough ??
Yes, you only need scratchbox, yappari's source code and its dependencies (and build dependencies). You can download them with apt-get build-dep yappari if your sources.list is properly configured, or can look at debian/control and see there build-depends parameter.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sankt-Peterburg, Russia
Thanks for keeping this project alive!

From the old thread:
Originally Posted by ekze View Post
Is there a way to sync images with the server in Yappari?
What do you mean by that, ekze? I don't have any Android at hand so I don't know if that's some feature of the official client.
I'm not sure about official Android client, but on Whatsup (Harmattan) there is a feature Sync Images right beside Sync Contacts. Using that we can keep pictures of all users in contact list up to date, I think the only way to update a user picture is to manually click on a user and then click on picture and Yappari will request it from the sever.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ekze For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari