Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by ekze View Post
Thanks for keeping this project alive!
I'm not sure about official Android client, but on Whatsup (Harmattan) there is a feature Sync Images right beside Sync Contacts. Using that we can keep pictures of all users in contact list up to date, I think the only way to update a user picture is to manually click on a user and then click on picture and Yappari will request it from the sever.
So, you mean that Yappari right now isn't updating the pictures of the users when they change them? I'll have to look at it, I'm creating an issue right now so I don't forget about it.

Thank you!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Hi ceene, I'm glad to see Yappary development is being continued! Thank you very much!

I see you want to add new features, so I'd like to propose again a suggestion from old Yappary thread:

Sometimes I use FrontView and I wonder if would be feasible to implement image uploading in Yappary just like the way FrontView does it.. really smart way, imho

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by enne30 View Post
Sometimes I use FrontView and I wonder if would be feasible to implement image uploading in Yappary just like the way FrontView does it.. really smart way, imho

Thanks again!
You're wellcome

I haven't used FrontView, so I don't know how it works. Could you elaborate a little bit? Thank you!

The Following User Says Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
So, you mean that Yappari right now isn't updating the pictures of the users when they change them? I'll have to look at it, I'm creating an issue right now so I don't forget about it.

Thank you!
It does change them, at leats for me and don't need to sync contacts, it does automatically.

Greetings.

The Following User Says Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
You're wellcome

I haven't used FrontView, so I don't know how it works. Could you elaborate a little bit? Thank you!
I'll try to explain process at my best:
  • a.jpg: Selecting icon on start screen (1) ...
  • b.jpg: ... opens up gallery where you can pick up a photo quickly (2) or shoot a new photo (3) ...
  • c.jpg: ... opening default camera to shoot photo ...
  • d.jpg: ... and thus having possibility to select new photo in previous gallery (4) ...
  • e.jpg: ... finally selecting desired photo.

I hope description is clear enough to understand
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Tamil Nadu, India
Wow! All of a sudden Yappari thread has become very active. Thank you very much Ceene! Do you think you could implement chat bubbles as Scorpius always wanted Yappari to follow Maemo's messaging UI?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davisrases For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by davisrases View Post
Wow! All of a sudden Yappari thread has become very active. Thank you very much Ceene! Do you think you could implement chat bubbles as Scorpius always wanted Yappari to follow Maemo's messaging UI?
Please don't, or let the option to choose wich one.

Why no? Beacuse of space and the scroll.

Bubbles takes more space in the conversation and with the problem with the scroll (not sure if this is fixable) will be a nightmare (most probably).

Bubbles works better in potrait that in landscape (wich we don't know if will be or worth to implement), if the scroll problem is not the same in potrait of course.

People want stuff that Scorpius wasn't implement (for his reasons), not all are "good".

Anyway, really don't get the point of the blue checks, beacuse just makes sure that the person opens the conversation, but could saw your message without open the conversation.

Not complain to get the blue checks (don't get me wrong).

Why change the Maemo look to look like Android or Iphone?

Is good to get new features but have to be careful with wich ones are really necessary and wich ones are pointless.

Maybe not worth invest time in some stuff.

@enne30 That works just for new pictures taken, not a bad idea for those who takes a lot of pictures and want to share "fast".

Greetings.

Last edited by s4br0s0; 2015-01-16 at 16:20.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by enne30 View Post
I hope description is clear enough to understand
I see now what you mean. Some quick way of taking a photo right in the moment. I like it, so I've created a github issue so I don't forget about it and will think of a simple way to do it. Thank your for the suggestion!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by davisrases View Post
Hi!

I'm sorry but this is something I won't be implementing. There isn't only one reason, and even though s4br0s0 has articulated most of them, there's an even more important reason for me not implemeting bubbles: I wouldn't even know where to start.

I'm not really a QT coder, nor in fact an UI coder at all, so I would have to spend lots of time just to draw a simple bubble, I don't want to think about all the time I'd spend on this while there are other features I care more about.

Nonetheless, if anyone is able to write such a GUI and make it so its optional, I will be merging those changes into mainstream without a doubt, but I won't be doing it myself.

Sorry about that.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
I see now what you mean. Some quick way of taking a photo right in the moment. I like it, so I've created a github issue so I don't forget about it and will think of a simple way to do it. Thank your for the suggestion!
Yeah that is a issue a noticed. It would be great to take photo easily as taking audio note. By the way thumb up for working on this project.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari