Active Topics

I am currently on a trip, using N900 with local SIM-card for calls, browsing and downloads, and XT894 with lapdock as a notebook and to receive important calls and SMS on my usual SIM card.
I can neither share internet connection, nor transfer a file from N900 to XT894.
* Bluetooth file transfer does not work - N900 pairs but does not send files.
* Mobile hotspot does not work - not seen on Android device,
* USB connection does not work - Android reports N900 as damaged drive.
Is there any way to transfer files different than trading microsd card between phones, or to share Internet connetion?

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by FlashInTheNight86 View Post
* USB connection does not work - Android reports N900 as damaged drive.
Hmm. My N900's storage shows up fine when connected to my HTC M8 in "Mass Storage" mode... (Although I'm only seeing the microsd card, not sure how to switch to the internal storage.)

Is there any way to transfer files different than trading microsd card between phones, or to share Internet connetion?
In a real pinch, I use my e-mail service as a temporary external drive; email files to yourself from one device, and read that mail on the other device... Simple, but it usually works.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Android cannot see ad-hoc networks (afair) and N900 can only provide that.
But the other way round (hotspot from android) should work.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
maybe install backup menu and check usb networking

if you are connected to the same wifi network e.g. hotel router, starbucks, mac donald. You may be able to use SSH from Android to copy the files from N900.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Android cannot see ad-hoc networks (afair) and N900 can only provide that.
What kind of a network does Jolla provide? Is that not the same? Because I regularly use my Jolla as a hotspot for my kids' Android tablets.

I cannot use my N900 because the SIM I use in it has an expensive data plan and Jolla, in their infinite wisdom, decided to use a SIM format that makes swapping the SIMs between the two very difficult.

I'm sent files with renamed extention to .vcf from n900(with bluez 4.99, maybe working with 4.60, but not tried) to android. It's dirty hack, but working for me.