Active Topics

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
That I know, but Slumber the one sleep timer application to rule them all doesn't work (anymore/for me) with it's sister application Talefish on Sailfish 4.5.
I've tried the Jolla store version though.
As far as I'm concerned, built in sleep timer will do.
Hi there,
first of all thanks for the list of things you like and dislike.
Especially the chapters are a thing I have looked into because it would be quite nice. But I eventually stopped my efforts because I wasn't happy with the UI side of things and didn't have a good enough concept how to handle navigating chapters (compared with different tracks).

Edit: Only now I've seen that you posted in the slumber thread, as well. I moved the slumber related part of this post there.

cheers
velox
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

Last edited by velox; 2024-01-08 at 07:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Thanks velox for not going over one night of thin ice before implementing the chapters.

As a reader-listener of non-fiction I see chapters often as books within books.

You navigate to the chapter, you start the chapter independently (to recap or to search for a passage) without loosing the progress in the book.

A start button & progress memory per chapter would be handy.

Besides Android based Voice that has several versions with more or less satisfying features, I am using QuasarMX which in the light of having no audiobook chapter feature is a serious competitor to Talefish and has the potential to be the ultimate audio player if it were to host Audiobook features:

QuasarMX's pro's:

-remembers progress
-very easy search in track
-sleep timer with optional actions such as launching program
-equaliser & sound optimalisation options (handy on sub par sound quality devices like Xperia 10 III)

non audiobook related:

-best application for music
-multiple options to declutter interface & search filters

Contra's:
-no way to get rid of "to next file" button on cover play and actions button on taks manager icon list.
-no way to configur go back 10 sec option, it's either invisible or go back to start, very frustrating with 18hr file.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:

Tags
audiobook, player, sailfish