I just got my N900 2 days ago I noticed the internet radio buffer is very small (only about 3 sec). The station I added works just for a few seconds, after a timeout and retry it atuomatically switched to the next station on the list. The station works just fine on my pc with 10 sec buffer.
Any one know a way to adjust the buffer size?

One station I try to listen to does this also. All others are fine though. Even if I choose the lowest streaming rate. I think it's on the other end and not the N900, as the site in general (a college radio site) is very slow too.
I just wish that the media player would update the song/artist info when they change, but it rarely does for the ones I listen to. I have to pause and then hit play for it to update.

If anyone has a simular issue, please vote for bug 4128
This problem seems like a very easy fix IMO (like ~15 lines of code!), but it dragged on for almost a year (since N810), no one was even assign to it!

My "solution" when I was using my N900 at a business hotel (which universally have the worst internet, in this case it was fading in and out) was to use mplayer, which allows you to set a hefty buffer.