Notices

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
download a 360p/480p video from youtube with cutetube and see what i mean
No, it doesn't work like that, when one makes a bugreport he/she has to provide a way for developers to reproduce the bug. Otherwise this is not a bug report but a rant. And the bug is marked as INVALID

BTW I have no problem playing youtube videos with cutetube.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
set quality on 360p or 480p
CSSU-T latest version

Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
set quality on 360p or 480p
Not reproducable on some random video.

If you have problem, please specify which video not working

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Not reproducable on some random video.

If you have problem, please specify which video not working
Confirmed for "Helloween - Nabataea" 480p, 360p is fine but that could be because my DSP is OC to 600. However this is not a problem of OMP. I guess youtube is providing us with H264 high profile because of the user agent, will check what happens when I have time.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
i have also 600 mhz dsp and overclock , set 480p and search movimiento de caldera(*random one)
CSSU-T latest version

The Following User Says Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:
Reporting a bug
1.play video keep pressing next button to fast forward and you will notice it keeps on hanging between some period of time
while with osso media player you can forward smoothly

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sourav.dubey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by artpra View Post
@gidzzz
There is some startup problem with newest version. It takes long time to start OMP after each N900 reboot: player is completely locked until number (count) of each file types appears (music, movies, internet radio). In stock player it`s instant, in older versions of OMP too but in the newest one it can take some seconds and I have a very small number of multimedia files on my phone.
Each consecutive OMP start is fine until next N900 reboot.
I don't know what's wrong (right?) with my setup, but I can open OMP, then instantly open the music window, then quickly close it and back in the main menu see the number of songs/videos appearing after half a second. Checked before and after rebooting.

I skimmed through the diffs between two last published versions, but did not notice any suspicious changes. By "older", do you mean all but the newest one?

Originally Posted by pali View Post
Here is simple patch which change default dbus parm QDBus::Block to QDBus::BlockWithGui for non-async dbus calls. QDBus::BlockWithGui cause that qt will start new QEventLoop when application waiting for responce from dbus.

http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pal...with_gui.patch
But does that patch actually change anything? As I have written above, I can't test it. OMP sends commands to MAFW with the help of libmafw.

And one more thing: are you sure that QDBus::BlockWithGui is safe to use? For example what do you think about this scenario:
1.I try to set the ringtone, causing SingleAlbumView::onRingingToneUriReceived() to be called.
2.A D-Bus message is sent and an event loop is started, so I can keep working wit the GUI.
3.I choose to close the window.
4.The window is destroyed.
5.A D-Bus reply arrives, control goes back to SingleAlbumView::onRingingToneUriReceived().
6.QMaemo5InformationBox is shown with this (SingleAlbumView) as parent, but this had been destroyed -- BAM!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
I don't know is this a bug please someone confirm it
Open mediaplayer, click on videos, wait for 2-3 seconds and click on any video
it opens a new window with black screen gets closed automatically again open new window and the process continues
the only thing you can do is to reboot
this happens sometimes only
I am on cssu thumb 8.2 and kpv51r1 installed

The Following User Says Thank You to Sourav.dubey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
The thread is rather long so please forgive me if this is already done, but does the OMP support PnP yet? Am asking as there is talk to replace the Nokia developed MP...

Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
I skimmed through the diffs between two last published versions, but did not notice any suspicious changes. By "older", do you mean all but the newest one?
Yes, never seen this "startup lag" before and noticed it right away after updating to the latest version.
When it happens, whole OMP GUI is completely frozen: not only multimedia buttons but top bar too. It`s like that, until numbers in each multimedia category kicks in (10 second later or so).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse