Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by flotron View Post
So simlocked n9s can't install Sailfish. Even if you unlock it after contract. Must be factory unlocked

Can anyone confirm this?
Are you sure that that the device doesnt have devicelock enabled? As that one prevents doing to open mode also (and has the same error message on flasher). 1st you need to disable devicelock and then you can go to open mode.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
how about n900?
CSSU-T latest version

after using

I still get "Simlock ON: cannot flash unsigned image"

So this is the end of my adventures with Sailfish and n9?
erase-mmc should not be needed as erase-user-data also erases mmc partition, flasher might get confused as you are trying to erase mmc two times in same command so:

flasher -f -F main.bin --erase-user-data=secure -F emmc.bin

And make sure that you dont have devicelock enabled in the harmattan.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
erase-mmc should not be needed as erase-user-data also erases mmc partition, flasher might get confused as you are trying to erase mmc two times in same command so:

flasher -f -F main.bin --erase-user-data=secure -F emmc.bin

And make sure that you dont have devicelock enabled in the harmattan.
I'm very sure no device lock.

I get "Simlock ON: cannot flash unsigned image" when i try to:

flasher -a main.bin -k zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix --flash-only=kernel -f -R

Originally Posted by plourde View Post
I have tried to reflash to factory since i messed up and after the moslo kernel was installed since the partition is different I am having issues reflash since there is a mismatch how can i fix this

Partition table mismatch (start=112672768, sum=104480768). You may want to use the no-preserve option or flash an erase image

thank you
Most of the people here just point to you to generic flashing instructions that unfortunately wont help you. You should just do what the error message tells you to do.

ADD "--no-preserve" to your flashing command, that will repartition the device for you. Normal flashing instructions fail to mention this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
I'm very sure no device lock.

I get "Simlock ON: cannot flash unsigned image" when i try to:

flasher -a main.bin -k zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix --flash-only=kernel -f -R
Then your out of luck, since the only occasion when ""Simlock ON: cannot flash unsigned image" error is supposed to come is:

a) operator sim lock is not unlocked properly

b) end user has set devicelock code for example from default empty string to "12345"(or whatever) and they have forgotten to clear it back to default empty string with --erase-user-data=secure when they have reflashed the default factory image for secure mode.

So if flashing back to normal secure mode with:
"flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --no-preserve --erase-user-data=secure" doesn't solve the problem, then you are stuck with Harmattan.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Then your out of luck, since the only occasion when ""Simlock ON: cannot flash unsigned image" error is supposed to come is:

a) operator sim lock is not unlocked properly

b) end user has set devicelock code for example from default empty string to "12345"(or whatever) and they have forgotten to clear it back to default empty string with --erase-user-data=secure when they have reflashed the default factory image for secure mode.

So if flashing back to normal secure mode with:
"flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --no-preserve --erase-user-data=secure" doesn't solve the problem, then you are stuck with Harmattan.
The phone is unlocked (not factory unlocked)

Well... i have a nice harmattan clock now

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
You could try setting the lock code from harmattan, then setting it to an empty string?

No lockcode, is simlock

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
No lockcode, is simlock
Wow, this is something to dig into, ....
hopefully a solution can be found for this situation

one thing, dont really think its an issue, but, have you enabled a SIM PIN Code?

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish