Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
is it really 4x6 icons?

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Zürich
i hope so

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by nikrohr View Post
I made a final drawing in photoshop. i think this one is as close as it gets. the gray area around the screen should be touch sensitive.

i think the black area under the frontcam is to big, you can delete half it

big display, small size

@mc: i dont think that we will not see the device. we will get one device this year. the thing is that elop would like to stop everything around maemo/meego after that device to concentrate on ms wp7.

we will see one device, the last of his kind... but no problem, we know how this feels since the first maemo device they always sad it would be the last or that they stop supporting it.

but i believe that if, and only if, wp7 will be profitable for nokia, the next device will be the very last open (freeminded) device we will see from nokia. but we can talk about this in 1-2 years, when we want to buy our next everydaytoy (after this one)

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Get over it The damn device will not be released atleast not with Meego or Maemo :@

Relax. He says exactly the same he has been saying all the time.

MeeGo was not good enough as main OS for Nokia and WP will be their future. This must not be news to you?

Originally Posted by nikrohr View Post
I made a final drawing in photoshop. i think this one is as close as it gets. the gray area around the screen should be touch sensitive.

Great drawing! So what do the insiders over here think? Close to the final product?

Last edited by tissot; 2011-06-09 at 16:43.

http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/secto...027290.article looks like the N9 could be a doubt after reading this
Read the article again, think about it and you'll notice the article is a mess. Read a proper one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Zürich
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
i think the black area under the frontcam is to big, you can delete half it

big display, small size

@mc: i dont think that we will not see the device. we will get one device this year. the thing is that elop would like to stop everything around maemo/meego after that device to concentrate on ms wp7.

we will see one device, the last of his kind... but no problem, we know how this feels since the first maemo device they always sad it would be the last or that they stop supporting it.

but i believe that if, and only if, wp7 will be profitable for nokia, the next device will be the very last open (freeminded) device we will see from nokia. but we can talk about this in 1-2 years, when we want to buy our next everydaytoy (after this one)
Better?

The Following User Says Thank You to nikrohr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by generationally View Post
There is nothing new in what Elop said. This is the same as was said on February 11.

So relax
Yeah right you forget that CTO leaves. A month(s) before the rumored device was planned too be announced :O

Personal reason, sicknesss, yeah and how many times have we heard that before? Maybe it actually would be true this time but I doubt!

We have been lied so many time from the NokiaFail so I am not trust anything until it actually is announced!

Again I beleive the sources here wo said they have tested it, but what I dont believe is it will not be released for people in this forum. Maybe a small groups of geeks but not massproduction.

They could infact decide not release Meego and wait for shitty Wp7 is ready. cause someone her already said it there also is an WP7 prototype of same device atm...

So until prof we got ****ed by Nokia again.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-06-09 at 16:50.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
So until prof we got ****ed by Nokia again.
Elop, Nokia PR, and others all said he did not pull out a WP7 device at D9. Do you really think they are going to backtrack on that? I see Green leaving as a sign that WP7 is a priority now, and MeeGo wont be used for mass battle for at least a few years. Which does not mean this device will not be released, at all.

MR forums own insider dsmobile about the screens.

Meego device non-qwerty is pentile amoled. Qwerty model has LCD

WP device most likely will use same screen and design as the meego device and it also is stuck with pentile screen as Nokia has no access to super amoled plus.

Last edited by tissot; 2011-06-09 at 17:07.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by NOMOS View Post
Elop, Nokia PR, and others all said he did not pull out a WP7 device at D9. Do you really think they are going to backtrack on that? I see Green leaving as a sign that WP7 is a priority now, and MeeGo wont be used for mass battle for at least a few years. Which does not mean this device will not be released, at all.
Did he actually say the device he had in his hand was something that will be released? I dont think so....

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-06-09 at 17:29.

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland