Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Nope, no window opening. It did work well when I untared the rootfs as nemo and then fixed the uid 0 issues, but that certainly caused a lot of other issues that maybe did not prevent opening xwayland, but surely would have caused a lot of other permission issues. I just did not play much with it when it worked so I had no chances to see any bugs. That time, the rootfs was unpacked in /opt according to Preflex's instructions and not on the SD, and I have not tried this again because apparently unpacking as nemo is not the way to go, and the untar process is very long so I could not do many experiments.

I would love to try with Debian or the Android runtime, or anything that could work really, but I have no idea where to start with and I have no skills to tweak things around to make it work. My only experience with chroot are EasyDebian on N900 or Preflex's instructions here, and there is no way I could do it myself without some pre-configured scripts and instructions. :/

It's sad that Preflex suddenly disappeared while his app was almost ready according to his posts. He has not replied to my PM a few days ago, hope nothing bad happened to him and that it's just a loss of interest in this project.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
I plan on making/helping create the GUI once my Sony Xperia X stops sharing all my personal data and becomes more sailfish.

If you have sfdroid (community port) or an official Jolla device you should be able to install xserver xsdl (Android app)

That would take the place of the command "kwin_wayland --xwayland"
(Simply open the android app instead)

Then you can continue exporting the display var and run a X11 app.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to one_with_linux For This Useful Post:
I have updated scripts for create/use ubuntu. There are also basic configurations for kwin, weston and qxcompositor.
Use it with caution!
https://github.com/elros34/sailfish_ubu_chroot

Would be nice to have touch friendly configurations for lxde, xfce or other desktop environments.

Thanks go to preflex and TheKit.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot for that, can't try at the moment but I'll surely spend some time trying to make it work on my Jolla C during my days off soon. Would you have any link to the rootfs we should use with the scripts?

[Edit] And for reference, a link to your related tweak to allow landscape mode: https://openrepos.net/content/elros34/qxcompositor

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 843 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Would you have any link to the rootfs we should use with the scripts?
The rootfs gets prepered by the ubu_create.sh script.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
I have updated scripts for create/use ubuntu. There are also basic configurations for kwin, weston and qxcompositor.
Use it with caution!
https://github.com/elros34/sailfish_ubu_chroot

Would be nice to have touch friendly configurations for lxde, xfce or other desktop environments.

Thanks go to preflex and TheKit.
I'm trying to port this to openSuse TW. The issue I'm running into is that Xwayland does not have touch input. Also, I think it would be ideal to install Xwayland on SFOS instead of in the chroot.
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93828
It looks like it mostly works... once again touch is the issue with the native install.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to one_with_linux For This Useful Post:
Yes, it would be better to have Xwayland working in sailfish instead recompile it for every distro. Maybe it's enough to build latest Xwayland together with wl_seat.patch (like I did for ubuntu) in sfos sdk but I never managed to finish it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
By the way I got a reply from Preflex, who confirmed his application project is not abandoned, but he's busy with a Sailfish porting task at the moment and some hardware/internet issues, and then he plans on resuming his work on the application.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Hi I have download ArchLinuxChrootFS-armv7.tar.gz

I would like to install it on my micro sd card on my Jolla 1.

I have copy the gz file to media/sdcard/

tar -xzvf ArchLinuxChrootFS-armv7.tar.gz
(inside sdcard dir)

Do i need to exctract files on /media/sdcard/ dir or
/media/sdcard/52e641ba-23bf-430c-846a-f69a7624d46a dir?

Now about these files:

DeskChroot.sh
ArchChroot.sh
ManChroot.sh

If i want to run the desktop what i need to change inside file DeskChroot.sh? what lines?

If somebody can help me to run ArchLinux from my sdcard please.

Last edited by n950; 2017-09-19 at 16:12.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post:
On my Jolla C
I had kept Manjaro installed.
Now the dir is about 8 GB why?

how to reduced it? Cause my storage now is full.

I don't want to remove it.

Since i have Manjaro installed i can't enter in mass storage mode when i plug usb on my pc why? hiw to resolve that? i can only with developer mode.

Thanks

Last edited by n950; 2017-09-20 at 09:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post: