Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Hi,
I joined the group of people with Jolla erratic behaviour. And after some investigation, I've found my Jolla has got into the BTRFS not being able to allocate space trouble (74% storage full).

I put an sdcard on the Jolla and thought of putting the music on it to free space on the main storage. I think to create a music folder on the sdcard, remove the one on /home/nemo and create a symbolic link within /home/nemo to point to the /sdcard/music.

Good or bad idea? Thanks for the feedbacks.

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, España
One way to find out

Go for it!, see what troubles it creates (or not) and report back here with what you did and how you did it - it may well work just fine and could be inspiration for others.

Or, if you haven't already, perhaps to come and join all the Jolla users at https://together.jolla.com/questions/ and get/share your experiences/ideas and questions with others

Regards,

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
why? you can listen musing from sdcard directly. aren't you?

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Yeah - tracker should be able to sniff it out from the SD card just fine so that is shows in the media player.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Yeah - tracker should be able to sniff it out from the SD card just fine so that is shows in the media player.
I have 1000 music tracks, and they are all on my SD card. Works well for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to zamorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Because all players default to the local folders and you have to through loops to show the SD card?

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Because all players default to the local folders and you have to through loops to show the SD card?
No they don't. Just stick a FAT formatted card in with music on it and the OS will mount it and tracker will index it adding the tracks to the media player.

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
No they don't. Just stick a FAT formatted card in with music on it and the OS will mount it and tracker will index it adding the tracks to the media player.
Yep, also my exact experience (64 GB ext4 formated uSD card).

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@pichlo let topicstarter to tell us why he want it

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
FAT or BTRFS or anything as long as it mounts... tracker will index the sdcard as long as it is not in a dotfile or marked metadata - if it doesn't -> get sailfish utilities from store and reset tracker with it (or do it by hand from cli).

And DON'T symlink loops, if it is mounted properly a symlink might double entries...

Tags
btrfs, music, sdcard