Active Topics

I Have Lost My N800 Stylus And They Are Not Available At The Nokia Store Or Online From Nokia. Anyone Have Any Ideas On Getting A Replacement?

Mine came with 2... do you have a second still in the box/packaging?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Nokia should be taken out and shot for letting this problem persist. It has been a frequent topic of messages here for over a year.

In the meantime, I have found that a retracted retractable ballpoint pen works just fine as a stylus, either rightside up or upside down.

But I still have one stylus left, so I haven't tried it that much!

I can't decide which is the most horrible thing Nokia has done -- make styluses hard to get or getting rid of Caps Lock on the virtual keyboards. Probably Caps Lock wins, but only just. I mean, why not get rid of the z key -- people don't use it very often!

???? Shift lock should be available at double-tap on shift, rather than long-tap, but either way is not horribly inconvenient. (I thought.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I mean, why not get rid of the z key -- people don't use it very often!
Please dont give Nokia any ideas like that, i need the z for my family name

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Hi - I found the following site for an N800 stylus:

http://www.mobilestunter.com

It is in Dutch I believe, but I was able to set up an account and place an order without too much difficulty - I have ordered two :-)

taskerc

Another option is always to get a multipen with a stylus tip - it's easyy to find one on ebay.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
A multipen that fits exactly into my N800 slot? Sounds unlikely. The convenient thing about the Nokia stylus is that you don't have to think about where you are putting it. I am someone who typically loses a pen quite rapidly. I have only lost one Nokia stylus in a year and three months. It is reasonable that Nokia should make styluses available for a not-too-high cost. It is obvious that people will eventually lose styluses.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
That's why they put 2 in the box, lol, You lost both of them already?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i lost one of the two last week. most likely left it at a table somewhere.

ordered a couple of new ones from a webshop:
http://www.mytrendyphone.com/shop/or...800-6681p.html

i see they are not i store right now, and that probably explains the weird mail i got about a difference between database and actual storage

still, if they can get hold of more of them im happy. still, nokia is getting me worried as getting hold of a new N800 do not seem easy...