Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
quim, care to speculate, hypothesize, hint, deflect on wp7 and qt? I saw the metro phonegap stuff out, Maybe there will be cooperation.
It is enough to care about replying off-topic with a couple of links to sources.

The first step is up to Microsoft: Native SDK to support C++ Development.

If that happens then the door will be technically open for anybody to try, since Qt is open source etc etc. See also Qt Support.

PS: Now please go back to topic or open a new thread. Thanks!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
It has been hinted and speculated that WP8 will incorporate Qt as part of Nokias deal with Microsoft, possibly an attempt at creating a backup plan. I mean if windows phones fails, as long as it is Qt enabled, more apps and Nokia could revive MeeGo or similar and help porting Qt apps over to it, allowing it to join the current eco system of platforms with all the same apps

But one can only dream that Nokia has any sense left.. Won't happen under E-flop anyways

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Wouldn't it be funny if RIM released the n900 successor??

I mean something with a tilt-qwerty or otherwise a large (~5.2in) screen, with current-gen specs running full-fledged Qt on a Unix-like kernel.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Well, no hw keyboard, but the rest is brewing with native platform development based on Qt and QNX underneath.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
... see [...] weekly data at http://www.macieira.org/blog/qt-stats/
Intel? Surprises me... I wouldn't have thought they'd contribute as much. Any particular project they work on with Qt?

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Intel? Surprises me... I wouldn't have thought they'd contribute as much. Any particular project they work on with Qt?
Tizen IVI, as an example..

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
So there is competition for the third ecosystem it seems.

Not surprising, Nokia sues RIM:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/2/299...t-infringement

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Last edited by rm42; 2012-05-02 at 14:37.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Thiago Macieira (former Trolltech and Nokia) is an Intel employee, maintainer of Qt Core, and also of those stats. He was one of the main driver of the open governance initiative that lead to the Qt Project itself. Intel is also a sponsor of the Qt Contributors Summit, see my link above.

PS: if you are in San Francisco next week you will find Thiago & others (/me included) both at the Ubuntu Developer Summit (Qt Project is involved with sessions and sponsorship) and the Tizen conference.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Tizen IVI, as an example..
ah... i thought tizen dropped qt altogether. I have to admit I totally lost interest after the grand reset.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
RIM seems to know how these things work since their Qt stuff is merged to upstream.

http://wiki.qt-project.org/QNX