Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
I know this is not a Symbian or E7 forum, but bear with me.

Last year, I sent my broken N900 (the USB port had stopped working) into a third-party shop that repairs/replaces Nokia phones under warranty. They charged me €15 at the time (what I didn't realise was if I sent the phone into a Nokia Care Point, there would have been no charge). Needless to say, I got fobbed off with an E7 which in hindsight I should have refused (it's a piece of junk!). Fast forward to today (9 months or so later) and the USB port of my E7 is barely working (usually a sign it's about to pack in altogether).

What are my options? Do I have a 2 year warranty on my replacement device? Can I get a replacement/repair on a phone that was already a replacement for another phone? If the repair is deemed uneconomical, do they replace an E7 with an E7, or could I possibly get an N9 or N8 instead (I really, really have started to hate the E7). When I got my E7, I was just given the device and 2 cables, the proof of purchase was sent in with my N900 was never returned - what happens in the case?

I am based in Ireland by the way. Any help, advice or previous experiences would be helpful, thanks.

Last edited by NokiaFanatic; 2013-04-08 at 13:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Bumping the thread...
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Please, help?..
Bumping...
Best wishes.

Tags
broken, nokia e7, nokia n900, usb port, warranty