Notices

Originally Posted by tcm34riu234h View Post
Can I somehow put this back in the repository?

tcm
Have you managed to fork the project or update qtirreco? I would still like to see this fixed in the repositories.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Russia
I'm trying to add one specific remote from online db (LG service menu), and qtirreco says that server is not responding. How can I add a remote manually? (which I can download from lirc.sourceforge)

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by ForeverYoung View Post
I'm trying to add one specific remote from online db (LG service menu), and qtirreco says that server is not responding. How can I add a remote manually? (which I can download from lirc.sourceforge)
Unfortunately, the folks who created QtIrreco have moved on to other projects, and as such their server went down long ago due to lack of support. Manipulating QtIrreco without access to that server is quite a hassle... It'd probably be easier to load the config file into the LIRC server directly yourself, and use the command-line tool to execute the service menu commands. (This is essentially how QtIrreco works anyway; if you've got QtIrreco running, it's already installed and set up the LIRC server in the background.) Let me give a link to the LIRC documentation, as they will probably describe the process more efficiently than I can:

http://www.lirc.org/html/index.html

BTW, if you're interested, you can also use the Pierogi infrared app to access the LG service menu now. There isn't a built-in button for it (at least not yet), but you can get to it by setting up one of the user-defined buttons using a macro. A description of how to do so is given in this post.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
irreco, qtirreco