Posts: 293 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Al Quds, Isawiya
pressing p not working and if i try to charge the battery it shows the phone is in usb mode and reboots all the time .

i need the battery to be half full at least.
and the battery isnt half full.
what can i do

first of all. people are not replying properly becauser this question has been askedd million of times. use the search function

secondly if your computer recognises phone in cmd. then flash it. doesnt matter if the battery is less then half

run these commands

cd "%ProgramFiles%\maemo\flasher-3.5"

flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --flash-only=kernel -f -R

change the bold writing to your file name...

steps
take the battery out. disconnect the phone. open cmd. run those commands. when it says "waiting for suitable device. connect the cable. press U. put the battery in. keep holding the U key until it starts flashing in cmd

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tele For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by tele View Post
first of all. people are not replying properly becauser this question has been askedd million of times. use the search function

secondly if your computer recognises phone in cmd. then flash it. doesnt matter if the battery is less then half

run these commands

flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --flash-only=kernel -f -R

steps
take the battery out. disconnect the phone. open cmd. run those commands. when it says "waiting for suitable device. connect the cable. press U. put the battery in. keep holding the U key until it starts flashing in cmd
Can we not tell people to use old firmware images? (Get the official flashing images here, btw: http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php )

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware <--- all you need to know about reflashing, unless you run into horrible bugs.

Tele's instructions are actually pretty good, but the file he's recommending is from an older firmware. For the love of all things not-anti-compatibility, don't flash an older firmware kernel if you're running PR1.3 firmware (the latest one).

The latest Global version firmware Fiasco image is:
RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

They're all listed in the wiki, but seriously, people, if you're going to quote commands to use at people who are likely to copy them literally, take the time to at least tell them the most up-to-date information.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
i just have fixed it.
just reinstalled the firmware like you said.
thanks.

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Can we not tell people to use old firmware images? (Get the official flashing images here, btw: http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php )

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware <--- all you need to know about reflashing, unless you run into horrible bugs.

Tele's instructions are actually pretty good, but the file he's recommending is from an older firmware. For the love of all things not-anti-compatibility, don't flash an older firmware kernel if you're running PR1.3 firmware (the latest one).

The latest Global version firmware Fiasco image is:
RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

They're all listed in the wiki, but seriously, people, if you're going to quote commands to use at people who are likely to copy them literally, take the time to at least tell them the most up-to-date information.
thats why at the end i said. match the bold writing to the file name which you have downloaded i didnt recommend to use that file. it was just a rough idea...
also on the first page, the file was already recommened. so taking that in account i didnt write anything about it.

i clearly wrote to change the name of the file!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tele For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by N900L View Post
i just have fixed it.
just reinstalled the firmware like you said.
thanks.
Can i ask how you tried to remove the power kernel? Via app manager, x-term or with the "deinstall kernel" icon?

via app manager

Originally Posted by N900L View Post
via app manager
Ah thats why then, but it don't matter now ay, was just curious. Have you installed the power kernel back on since the reflash?

Hi, I just want to confirm if I'm already beyond salvation.
It happened the same to me as the original comment in this post. Phone boots, stops and restarts again and again nonstop after trying to uninstall the power kernel.
The big issue with my phone is that I'm one of those lucky people affected by the loose usb port so, no reflashing for me anymore with the usb cable.
Sucks...
Any dim light in the path for this n900?
Thanks a lot.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chennai
Originally Posted by tele View Post

run these commands

steps
God bless you.
You are my hero of the day

Page: http://way2shree.blogspot.com
-----------------------------------------------------