http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt3iWvAv3kc
3 misses around 1:46
2 misses around 2:00
1 miss around 2:58
1 miss around 3.05

i never experienced any of these problems at the flagship store, but perhaps they've made the screen harder to scratch and this is the side-affect?

The Following User Says Thank You to bugelrex For This Useful Post:
They've made it harder to scratch? The review from the MySymbian said the screen was easy to scratch..

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt3iWvAv3kc
3 misses around 1:46
2 misses around 2:00
1 miss around 2:58
1 miss around 3.05

i never experienced any of these problems at the flagship store, but perhaps they've made the screen harder to scratch and this is the side-affect?
Some of those misses didnt look like misses, they looked like a delay in response to me. Not that that makes me feel much better.

I do however expect some touches to be missed. Resistive screens do need certain pressure. Not a deal breaker for me - could be for some though
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Last edited by Bratag; 2009-10-09 at 02:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Looks to me like it might just be the way he was holding the tablet in his hand. I know when I'm showing other ppl things on my n810, sometimes my touches dont register and I think its because I calibrated my screen with the tablet in both hands directly in front of me. I have to pay close attention to the exact location of my touch vs. what I'm trying to select.

Not sure if I'm even making any sense but I think its just the way he's holding it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soulfunkdup For This Useful Post:
There were several new demo videos from CTIA today and after watching them all, it seems like the screen responsiveness and UI lag have gotten worse since the demos around Nokia World.

Starting to lose confidence.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Well.... it's no capacitive screen....

*dons flame ******ant suit*
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ São Paulo (Brazil)
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Some of those misses didnt look like misses, they looked like a delay in response to me. Not that that makes me feel much better.

I do however expect some touches to be missed. Resistive screens do need certain pressure. Not a deal breaker for me - could be for some though
I agree with you...

Originally Posted by JayBomb999 View Post
There were several new demo videos from CTIA today and after watching them all, it seems like the screen responsiveness and UI lag have gotten worse since the demos around Nokia World.

Starting to lose confidence.
I saw one new video with lag in it and it was when the guy had 11 apps open and it was maybe a 1 second lag which then never appeared again.

Keep the faith man. Nothing is ever going to be perfect you gotta expect the odd hiccup - even with a machine as powerful as the n900
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York
dude this phone doesn't have a 2 ghz processor in it. Its funny to me the responses on a 600mhz phone at that. Think about all the process happening at once. I don't know about your but even my computer stutters at times am i going to throw it away nope. As I've always said this phone is the best of its kind so far and I'm getting it i don't care about no .100922 sec of a lag. 5 mp camera / 25fps video near dvd straight upload to facebook or other. Full Debian operating system for tinkering and optimizing i can't ask for anything else better in a device for near or under 600 dollars unless of course a Netbook.

The Following User Says Thank You to mykenyc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
I saw one new video with lag in it and it was when the guy had 11 apps open and it was maybe a 1 second lag which then never appeared again.

Keep the faith man. Nothing is ever going to be perfect you gotta expect the odd hiccup - even with a machine as powerful as the n900
I completely understand lag with many applications open.

However, I've seen the same herky, jerky transitions in nearly ever video regardless of the amount of apps open. It's not necessarily a deal breaker, but I think the compositing has lots of room for improvement.

Am I wrong to crave Palm Pre-like fluidity given they have similar hardware?