Poll: would you like to have BackTrack 5 on your n900?
Poll Options
would you like to have BackTrack 5 on your n900?

true about all the tools being at our fingertips from command line chroot(could be worse), didnt try running any yet was too busy tryin to get the vnc stable, at least my keyboard works fine. Gonna try and install a few packages through easy debian while im at it.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
I think I did something wrong too becuz I get if I run for example
Aircrack-ng -h
Aircrack-ng: command not found

right from the chrooted xterm If I use vnc and open terminal same problem =/

Edit: nevermind, think I need to get sleep. But like you misiak, I also get cannot execute binary file when trying to run john

Last edited by mr_pingu; 2011-05-18 at 21:07.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
But like you misiak, I also get cannot execute binary file when trying to run john
That's just strange...

I attached logs of booting with command "xephwm5 1>logstdout.txt 2>logstderr.txt". Maybe someone more inteligent will find out what's wrong before I find it in the Internet. The interesting part is the end of logstderr.txt (they say "fatal error" and device reboots almost the same second so I guess that they are connected with the reason of rebooting?):

Originally Posted by logstderr.txt
XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
after 92 requests (90 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
gnome-session[2132]: WARNING: Detected that screensaver has left the bus
Window manager warning: Fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on display ':1.0'.
gnome-screensaver: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :1.0.
bluetooth-applet: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :1.0.

(gnome-panel:2165): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_run_dispose: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
gnome-power-manager: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :1.0.
I googled "Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server" and found some solutions (happily most about Ubuntu :P), but none worked in this case. Could it be the case of too slow I/O operations on device...?
Attached Files
File Type: txt logstderr.txt (7.8 KB, 402 views)
File Type: txt logstdout.txt (2.1 KB, 154 views)

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
I cant even get a clean squeeze+xorg+xfce4 chrooted with xephyr

Originally Posted by azkay View Post
I cant even get a clean squeeze+xorg+xfce4 chrooted with xephyr
What do you mean? You cannot start window menager from the Easy Debian image from Qole?

And according to my previous post - does anyone have any idea what is wrong? Or how I could debug further? If someone else is interested and has skills to run this, I can upload image of my partition now and all scripts I modified... I even tried custom swap partition and using "swapon" in Backtrack, still nothing...

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
I mean, I installed an arm debian squeeze, chrooted into it, but cant get it working through xephyr.

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
I think I did something wrong too becuz I get if I run for example
Aircrack-ng -h
Aircrack-ng: command not found

right from the chrooted xterm If I use vnc and open terminal same problem =/

Edit: nevermind, think I need to get sleep. But like you misiak, I also get cannot execute binary file when trying to run john
Not the only one. Aircrack is not installed on my backtrack too.
even apt-get install aircrack-ng does nothing.
Dont know if i should put this inside the img, or just use the one on the maemo side, that works

Originally Posted by azkay View Post
I mean, I installed an arm debian squeeze, chrooted into it, but cant get it working through xephyr.
Have you tried "apt-get install xserver-xephyr wmctrl" and copying scripts from Easy Debian? ( /usr/bin/{startlxde1|xeph*|fix-focus} and maybe some others if it complains when run "xephwm5")

Originally Posted by SuperDumb View Post
100% with you.
And real sad to see they did not put aircrack in there
yeah, I was really disappointed to see that as well. I believe the reasoning behind it is that since they expected this to be primarily run on Android devices, and there are no Android wireless injection drivers (that I'm aware of), it wasn't worth putting the time in to get AirCrack itself. :-(

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Did anyone actually try using the apps even from command line? I think I might have screwed my partition with Backtrack, because while I try running some apps from Backtrack in command line I get error "cannot execute binary file"... Could someone check if for example "john" command works or shows some error? (I call it the same way as it works on my desktop Backtrack, so I don't think it's john's error message)
For some reason John is included, but compiled for x86, and so it won't run on the ARM processor in the N900. You should be able to download John and compile it for ARM yourself though, I would think. John has a really easy compiling process, but I've never tried it on ARM.

What other apps are doing that for you? I imagine the problem is the same, but I haven't come across any others yet.