Active Topics

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by sepehrsfmech View Post
if it wasnt for apple, people were forced to use windows.
You are writing THIS in the Maemo-Forum. Maemo runs on which operating system again?

Yes, people are neither forced to use Windows nor MacOS. People could use the same operating system, they run on their Nokia N900:

Linux!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venty For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Can MOD stop this FLAME thrower thread like this? It sickening me to keep seeing people arguing over Apple. I'm having enough of Apple for now. Ate too much and now It just irretating me.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Iphones are for children who are spoonfed with apps.N900 is for grownups who like to mess with their device....It`s like having a tuned up car.You can have a ferrari but you can also have a tuned up honda that thrashes the poor ferrari...it`s the enjoyment that you create something, it`s this excitement of the N900 that drawn me into it.

Go take an HDR photo with your iphone and see what happens....Oh, that`s right, you don`t have an app for that ( or maybe you do have one, but you have to pay for it)....that`s the beauty of open source!

Last edited by sophocha; 2010-08-26 at 11:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to sophocha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
I don't hate Apple but i never will buy any of their products as long as Steve decides what you can install on it (or rather can't install).

Sure, the N900 isn't completely open source but at least i decide what i install and how i use my own phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to robbie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Romania

if it wasnt for apple, people were forced to use windows.

we would be using linux, not mac. i am sure of that

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Puerto Rico
The only way I could enjoy an apple product is with: Mott's

Name:  motts.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  24.3 KB

Happy N900 User
http://j0hnmcclane.deviantart.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to John McClane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
you calling me steve jobs??????

i loled when i saw your post!
I think you are not steve jobs.

I think you are just a TROLL.

he,he,he.

Posts: 312 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ dubai
how am i a troll?

im asking why people are trolling over apple

i have been reading tons of threads this past week and i see in almost all of them, they bash on apple on how iphone is closed. well its the same as n900, nokia closed the source on some components, so its not fully open sourced but it was advertised as an open sourced phone. ITS NOT Well it is unless you want drivers for bits, but this is Nokia, they like to lie slightly!

i wanna know why are you bashing on apple.

if it wasnt for apple, people wouldnt have a sweet music store(itunes) Not true, and this is a bash, iTunes may have a good store full of music that you can find ( I've got stuff no one else would sell me, but still had to convert it to MP3, the software and DRM restrictions make it crap, saying that Napster came along first so it was Napster not apple

if it wasnt for apple, people were forced to use windows. No not really, what about Unix/Linux? that is what mac os is built on, but apple have done a good job with the OS, still favour ubuntu though

if it wasnt for apple, there would be no touch screen phone till 2011 Again not true, there were touch screen devices and phones well before apple did it, we had a really old one here that died recently..

if it wasnt for apple, there would be no angrybirds. Can't comment on this

can someone reply to me in this thread on why do you hate apple/iphone?
Like people have said, we don't hate apple/iphone. I don't agree with Apple's policies and control, otherwise they would be brilliant devices. Design wise, they are sh*t hot, I love the Mac Pro desktops, take the side off, pull a part out, upgrade ram, pop it back in done. The iPad could really have been better, with a different OS and peripheral interfaces, and that would be a bloody good tool.

The N900 does many things an iphone won't and never will unless apple relax a bit, and be a bit more creative.

Last edited by teh; 2010-08-26 at 12:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to teh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
over priced, walled garden environment, no freedom, barely any software and no choice.... i mean apple move to x86 and still you cannot officially install osx and a non apple computer (the clone makers got sued and cease and desist orders) you have to pay a small fortune for an iripoff with lower specs than say a similarily priced hp or dell! as for apps, apps make up for deficiencies in the device... what about the flash fiasco or the antenna issues, deflection, deception and bs.... also love the 'we invented mobile video calls' with facetime, cos i could not make skype video calls on my n900 or video calls on most other cell phones with (gasp) a front facing camera for the past 5 years?

the ipad is one cool device they made lately however thers no front facing camera, its crippled with a phone os and its locked down - oh and since it came to market all publishers renegotiated the ebook fees with apple and amazon so now if you own a kindle all books are a few $$ more! good job looking out for the consumer apple...

the list goes on....

then you wonder why people 'dislike' apple... pretty obvious to me!

The Following User Says Thank You to jer006 For This Useful Post:

Tags
fanaticism, ienvy, ifollow imasses, iphåne, iwhine, jealousy, religious wars, whining, worstthreadever