Active Topics

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
this is really great and cool. being able to integrate this stuff will be fantastic. keep up the great work!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
I was up until 4am last night, compiling, tinkering and playing with some other protocols added to RTCOMM.

...Collabora and some Nokia employees have stated they will try to help out and make sure we get as many of them working as possible on Fremantle as well as Diablo.
Thank you for all your hard work. Though I've not used most of these protocols, I'm thrilled to have them available not only in my preferred mobile OS, but in RTCOMM, my preferred client. I love having options available. Thanks!

Also, please remember to take a few moments to update your Summit sponsorship to reflect this important, new project you've undertaken. You're developing for Fremantle now, and that should give you some bonus points.

EDIT: Along those lines, a developer-focused talk on how to add new RTCOMM protocols or a user-focused talk demonstrating your new ones might be something for you to consider.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2009-08-20 at 17:57.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Thank you for all your hard work. Though I've not used most of these protocols, I'm thrilled to have them available not only in my preferred mobile OS, but in RTCOMM, my preferred client. I love having options available. Thanks!

Also, please remember to take a few moments to update your Summit sponsorship to reflect this important, new project you've undertaken. You're developing for Fremantle now, and that should give you some bonus points.

EDIT: Along those lines, a developer-focused talk on how to add new RTCOMM protocols or a user-focused talk demonstrating your new ones might be something for you to consider.
Thanks for the ideas. I think I'll do exactly that.

Actually, I can't edit the two fields I need to... should I just redo the registration or will that affect anything?

Last edited by zerojay; 2009-08-20 at 18:26.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Actually, I can't edit the two fields I need to...
What fields do you need to edit? When I go to the "Events: Maemo Summit 2009" page, I'm offered an "edit your registration" link below the map. Editing the text in "Reason for requesting Nokia sponsorship" appears to work for me.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
What fields do you need to edit? When I go to the "Events: Maemo Summit 2009" page, I'm offered an "edit your registration" link below the map. Editing the text in "Reason for requesting Nokia sponsorship" appears to work for me.
There's two fields that aren't changable... perhaps because of a bug or oversight. Basically your primary and secondary projects. I've made the changes to the reason for requesting sponsorship though.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
There's two fields that aren't changable... perhaps because of a bug or oversight. Basically your primary and secondary projects. I've made the changes to the reason for requesting sponsorship though.
Don't worry about it... We know what you're up to.

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Looking to release a beta of the Twitter client for RTCOMM this weekend. Here's a preview. It doesn't get more simple than this, really.

Last edited by zerojay; 2009-08-21 at 14:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
what abt integrating google voice?
pliz don't blam me!
this is just a proposition.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by izzox View Post
what abt integrating google voice?
pliz don't blam me!
this is just a proposition.
This would be better integrated into the Internet Call app. Which I do hope they do.

Tim

Well, I haven't released anything this past weekend because there seems to be some sort of issue between telepathy-haze and the Galago address book backend causing it to crash and making presence information stop showing up for your contacts.

I can't release something that will break functionality. The good news is that Collabora is interested in helping me out and getting the issue fixed. I don't have any sort of ETA... just know I won't let this drop.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:

Tags
chat, facebook, plugin, rtcomm