Poll: Are you interested in using the QX10/QX100 with Jolla
Poll Options
Are you interested in using the QX10/QX100 with Jolla

So, what do you think. Will it ever be possible for jolla to support such other halfs extensions like the Sony QX10? I just tried to use the app with it, but it cannot connect over the WiFi ... and NFC is disabled or not configured to work for it... Are you still loyal to jolla, after it ?

The Following User Says Thank You to heinrichM For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by heinrichM View Post
So, what do you think. Will it ever be possible for jolla to support such other halfs extensions like the Sony QX10? I just tried to use the app with it, but it cannot connect over the WiFi ... and NFC is disabled or not configured to work for it... Are you still loyal to jolla, after it ?
Someone mentioned that he tried the QX100 with Playmemories (Android App?) and it seemed to work though not reliable:

After used QX100 with latest firmware Playmemories for a while, I'm still a bit disappointed with WiFi connection, it's still unstable, laggy and sometimes lost connection (especially if in the range of a known wlan)
There's nothing what prevents some developer to create a native Jolla app to remotely control a QX/QX100 (or any other compatible Sony camera) via Wifi and display/download the images to the phone. The API is pure JSON function calls over HTTP.

https://developer.sony.com/develop/cameras/
The Camera Remote API is a flexible API that builds on commonly-used protocols such as HTTP and JSON. And you can develop apps for any operating system, such as Android, iOS or Microsoft® Windows®.
If someone is interested how it works there is also Android and iOS sample source code included in the SDK.

Tags
camera, jolla, other-half, pureview+++, qx-10, qx100