Notices

Here goes, mussorgsky 0.5.2-5,as there was a 0.5.2-4 forum release. WARNING: ensure that you have a clean install of previous version or it will fail to install correctly. I had a leftover album_art_thread.py.orig file from a previous edit I'd made.

This release isn't optified but neither was the last forum version. Should keep people happy for a while. I'll have a look at feasibility of some other upgrades if time allows.

Changed all __msn* functions to __google*.
Added GOOGLE_SQUARE and GOOGLE_PHOTO params (Thanks to Xagoln's post, you just missed some &'s)

Note: *dsc gzipped to allow upload
Attached Files
File Type: deb mussorgsky_0.5.2-5_all.deb (31.6 KB, 102 views)
File Type: gz mussorgsky_0.5.2-5.tar.gz (47.6 KB, 89 views)
File Type: gz mussorgsky_0.5.2-5.dsc.gz (1,004 Bytes, 91 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Here goes, mussorgsky 0.5.2-5,as there was a 0.5.2-4 forum release. WARNING: ensure that you have a clean install of previous version or it will fail to install correctly. I had a leftover album_art_thread.py.orig file from a previous edit I'd made.

This release isn't optified but neither was the last forum version. Should keep people happy for a while. I'll have a look at feasibility of some other upgrades if time allows.

Changed all __msn* functions to __google*.
Added GOOGLE_SQUARE and GOOGLE_PHOTO params (Thanks to Xagoln's post, you just missed some &'s)

Note: *dsc gzipped to allow upload
works great ty so much

Appears to be broken here at the moment. I have an update in the works and will push to extras-devel when ready.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
I now have maintainer rights for package so initial extras-devel version is up: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...rgsky/0.5.2-6/

NOTE: Package, like last repo version is not optified. I'll try to fix that in the next few days.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
New version in build queue. This should be optified automatically by the autobuilder.

Also in this version is a slight change to fix metadata searches that return no results that was broken by Bing/Google changes. If anyone has any files with partial metadata (needs album info to appear in list), please test to see if results. In all fairness with amount of data Google indexes it's rare that with at least some metadata it won't return a result.

Edit: Had problems with the optification so pushed new version without until tested more.

Last edited by Android_808; 2014-01-29 at 19:51.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for picking it up, Android_808. Maybe it would be good idea to start [Annoucement] thread about it, one, where first post would be yours, so could be updated?

As for bug reports - sorry if it was mentioned, but I can't read thois ancient thread from beginning ATM (will do it, later) - choosing album cover (in "album art" mode, while editing single album) doesn't work. Often, one is presented with few covers to choose from (sometimes, first one isn't even correct) - yet, tapping them doesn't result in... Well, anything. *Only* taping on default "no cover art" Maemo's graphic works.

Cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Bere with me, I'm still trying to get my head around some of the code base. The goal at the moment is to get a working version into extras, no extra for the time being.

Let me make sure I get what you mean by "in "album art" mode, while editing single album"
Open Mussorgsky, click Album art, select album, wait for results. Then clicking a cover doesn't set it, the dialog just closes. Correct?

With respect to album cover results being incorrect, as I understand it at the moment it looks at metadata to see if the album and artist or just album are set and uses them to create search term originally used to display results. It then just takes the first few results given by the search engine. I've often had to modify the search term to get the correct covers, be it for deluxe editions or country specifics to name a few.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Let me make sure I get what you mean by "in "album art" mode, while editing single album"
Open Mussorgsky, click Album art, select album, wait for results. Then clicking a cover doesn't set it, the dialog just closes. Correct?
Almost correct: "Then, clicking cover doesn't set it, just nothing happens".

Literally nothing - clicking any of (results) cover doesn't set it, nor closes the window, it doesn't act as button at all. *Only* clicking the (always on the right-most side of selection) default "no cover available" image - resembling vinyl "gramophonesque" - results in dialog being closed (and album art indeed changing to default "vinyl").

Side effect is that - if you change any of your album's art to "default" no-art-found - the only way to switch it again to correct one, is to use "automatic download" from top menu.

With respect to album cover results being incorrect, as I understand it at the moment it looks at metadata to see if the album and artist or just album are set and uses them to create search term originally used to display results. It then just takes the first few results given by the search engine. I've often had to modify the search term to get the correct covers, be it for deluxe editions or country specifics to name a few.
Exactly - I understand how it works. The thing is that due to aforementioned bug, even if it find correct result (as 2nd or 3th result, for example), you're unable to choose it - you're stuck with either first result of "automatic download", or no-album-art default image.

So, it isn't any separate bug, just side-effect of the main one.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
hmmm. i checked through thread and yours is first i can see like it but haven't checked bug tracker though.

i've tried to recreate it using a few albums but no luck:
1. Album with no artwork assigned (never found before) correctly assigned.
2. Change existing album art.
3. Restore previous change.

Is there any output if you run it via console that look suspect?

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
OK, first of all, sorry for not providing terminal output, while reporting for the first time (it should be first thing to do *faceplam* - for reasons unknown, I was sure that the bug must be happening for everyone and is easy to reproduce) - to make it a more proper bug report (sorry for little messy way last time), I'm using version 0.5.2-6.

The relevant error messages from terminal (from while clicking on cover art that I would like to set):

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/mussorgsky/aa_selection_dialog.py", line 167, in click_on_img
    tmp_thumb)
  File "/usr/lib/mussorgsky/album_art_thread.py", line 157, in save_alternative
    os.rename (thumb_path, thumbnail)
OSError: [Errno 18] Invalid cross-device link
**** CRITICAL **** image in path
    tmp_thumb)
  File "/usr/lib/mussorgsky/album_art_thread.py", line 150, in save_alternative
    print "**** CRITICAL **** image in path", path, "doesn't exist!"
NameError: global name 'path' is not defined
for reference, here is full output from terminal since starting mussorgsky:

Code:
~ $ mussorgsky
Tracker backend up
OK
Searching (album + artist): https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=Tori%20Amos+Boys%20for%20Pele&tbs=isz:m&iar:s
Working 2
Working 1
Working 0
Working 4
Working 3
Thumbnail: /home/user/.cache/mussorgsky/alternative-4thumb
None None
Thumbnail: /home/user/.cache/mussorgsky/alternative-3thumb
Thumbnail: /home/user/.cache/mussorgsky/alternative-2thumb
Thumbnail: /home/user/.cache/mussorgsky/alternative-0thumb
Thumbnail: /home/user/.cache/mussorgsky/alternative-1thumb
/home/user/.cache/mussorgsky/alternative-1 /home/user/.cache/mussorgsky/alternative-1thumb
Setting /home/user/.cache/mussorgsky/alternative-1thumb as image
/home/user/.cache/mussorgsky/alternative-2 /home/user/.cache/mussorgsky/alternative-2thumb
Setting /home/user/.cache/mussorgsky/alternative-2thumb as image
/home/user/.cache/mussorgsky/alternative-3 /home/user/.cache/mussorgsky/alternative-3thumb
Setting /home/user/.cache/mussorgsky/alternative-3thumb as image
/home/user/.cache/mussorgsky/alternative-4 /home/user/.cache/mussorgsky/alternative-4thumb
Setting /home/user/.cache/mussorgsky/alternative-4thumb as image
    tmp_thumb)
  File "/usr/lib/mussorgsky/album_art_thread.py", line 157, in save_alternative
    os.rename (thumb_path, thumbnail)
OSError: [Errno 18] Invalid cross-device link
**** CRITICAL **** image in path
    tmp_thumb)
  File "/usr/lib/mussorgsky/album_art_thread.py", line 150, in save_alternative
    print "**** CRITICAL **** image in path", path, "doesn't exist!"
NameError: global name 'path' is not defined
If you're not able to reproduce this error, maybe it is something in my setup broken? If that would be suspected case, what should I attempt to reinstall?

Cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Tags
album covers, media player, mussorgsky