Active Topics

Notices

Poll: GeePS2 on N900?
Poll Options
GeePS2 on N900?

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
I have created "Oh My GeePS" for the N900 and then started from scratch a "GeePS2" (qml) for Harmattan.

Before I take the time to backport it to the N900 I would like to see if there is any real interest/need....

What do you think?

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Last edited by fcrochik; 2012-08-15 at 01:22.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Yes please!

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
Yes please!
+1

and it will be in QML, awesome

Thanks
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

+2 yes it would be great

Yes, please backport it to the n900

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Geeps is still my goto n900 map. Geeps2, yes please. Especially with your programming skills, everything you gave to this community has been both useful and well done.

I would love to see the update to Geeps2, even with only minor additions from Geeps. A few extra bells can add up to an even greater user experience imho.

Last edited by Sphinx780; 2012-08-16 at 01:04.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ France
Yess please !

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
+3

is it capable of offline usage now?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
um.. before I vote on this.. what's the difference between the two versions?
They both look like they do the same thing?

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
+3

is it capable of offline usage now?
Sorry....No... only online

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases