Is there a way to add/modify the n900 so that it has the 'low power wake up' function similar to the one in the n9.
A function where, when you double tap the n900 screen (while locked) it wakes up and the lockscreen appears???

and also maybe the function where when a new message/i-m/notification is received the lockscreen lights up and the notification appears, (such as the iphone) ????

thanks in advance for responses

+100 to this my slider on the right side is already worn out sometimes I need to push it while sliding for the screen to show... I really need this feature but I hardly doubt this since the n900 fully deactivate the touchscreen when sleeping. So i doubt it can detect gestures.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
The N900 can already turn off the screen while leaving the digitizer on, allowing touches while the screen is off.

Apparently, a more efficient method of doing this is pulling a double tap event directly from the accelerometer, which it can do (but it's unknown how to do this)

Older Nokia devices do this already.
For example: A ~US$1000 S40 brick with no WiFi.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2011-11-05 at 12:38.