Notices

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas, USA
I've started a GTK/Fremantle stopwatch app. It is basic at the moment, but I'd like to add things like history and a countdown timer.

What else would be good for a stopwatch? Desktop widget?

Any feedback welcome. I'll be setting up a git repo and garage account shortly.

The garage is now live. Git repo created.

-Update-
First, basic version is released. Grab it off the garage if you want it now until I can get it into extras-devel.
*stopish 0.9.0 - Garage Download

Last edited by mooninite; 2009-12-10 at 05:54.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Zürich, Switzerland
there is already a stopwatch / countdown application in extras-devel... Don't know if you should work together with this guy, instead of creating another application...

http://maemo.org/packages/view/stopwatch/

Originally Posted by pixelgeek View Post
there is already a stopwatch / countdown application in extras-devel... Don't know if you should work together with this guy, instead of creating another application...

http://maemo.org/packages/view/stopwatch/
I saw that, but it's a year old. If I ever see movement I will try to work with them.

I've got an idea.
In my trainings schedule I've got to do exercises, every exercise for a certain amount of seconds.
Doing my exercises and looking at my stopwatch at the same time is quite a burden so if you ask me it would be nice to set a number of seconds, and for every time time these seconds have passed, the n900 beeps.

So for instance, I want to do explosive push ups for 10 seconds.
I set the stopwatch app to beep every 10 seconds.
When I want to do another exercise, I set the time to 30 seconds and after every 30 seconds the Nokia beeps.

You think this is a good and possible addition, or you think it's ridiculous?

The Following User Says Thank You to Restap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
There's also this app, not sure how far along they are. And the one called Stopwatch seems to have several new builds in the last couple of weeks, which doesn't seem dead to me.

Originally Posted by floffe View Post
There's also this app, not sure how far along they are. And the one called Stopwatch seems to have several new builds in the last couple of weeks, which doesn't seem dead to me.
"MultiTimer" has not been made a garage project yet. I'll continue working on mine since I have a project created and I know I will actually build it.

As far as "stopwatch" is concerned. it doesn't work, so I'm not sure why there are builds. Try installing it yourself.

If "stopwatch" and/or "MultiTimer" come out of the wood work and actually make an app that works, I'll pull out and delete mine from the repos.

Until then, I'll steal ideas from them.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Can't install it as I don't have my N900 yet (and sadly it'll take the better part of a month until I do).

Originally Posted by floffe View Post
Can't install it as I don't have my N900 yet (and sadly it'll take the better part of a month until I do).
You can try mine out when you get it then. (check my original post)