Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
Like all of you, i also have some "videos" that i don't want everybody to see. I suppose you know what is it. So, is there some way to make them not appear in media player? That the only way to play them is to go to file manager and find them there.

lol, nope that from what i know of. You can change the extension to hide it but i doubt you can change it on the phone. But i never tired so who knows

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Boston, USA
1. Open X Terminal.
2. Type : cd MyDocs/.Videos
3. Type : mv yourvideo.mp4 .yourvideo.mp4

remember the dot in front of the video name. That will hide the file.
Only problem is the file will be completely hidden (even from file manager) unless you rename it back.

Last edited by araavi; 2010-01-23 at 08:38. Reason: Update

Originally Posted by white_ranger View Post
Like all of you, i also have some "videos" that i don't want everybody to see. I suppose you know what is it. So, is there some way to make them not appear in media player? That the only way to play them is to go to file manager and find them there.
yes,.,.i want a similar way as well.! :-D

i can't get this to work. It keeps saying no such file or directory. Here's what i did: entered X terminal, typed cd MyDocs/.Videos, typed mv fastandfurious.avi .fastandfurious.avi
The name of the file is Fast and Furious. But it's just for the example, can't write real name of the video . I tried every possible combination like fastandfurious, FastAndFurious, Fast And Furious, fast and furious,... but it keeps saying that. pls help

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
I've just tried adding a video with a dummy extension, but once you play the video in Media Player, it appears in Media Player from then on.

that also happened to me. I made some weird way to enter the video in file manager. Like Videos/1/4/2/5/3/XXX. Those numbers are folders. And when i entered the video, after that it appeared in Media player.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bham, Uk
easy easy solution. instead of saving the videos to the video folder on your phone, simply put them into the .cities folder, this folder is not monitored by the media player so the videos wont show up in the player listings. And just use file manager to access the videos.

Simples...

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Ceiling cat knows where your videos are.