Active Topics

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by slha89 View Post
It's looks like you have a personal problem with other gadgets if someone spells it. Childish!
You've grossly misinterpreted what Benson and I wrote, but the issue isn't important enough to spend more time explaining.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by fredoll View Post
Back on topic : Carman is very nice and it can even show GoogleMaps with a little plugin (although there are still a few bugs with the user plugins ...)
Where can you find those plugins?

repository now showing update

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Yup, its now working without redpill. Very Nice now that everything works.

Question: Can you change from openstreet to Google? Also, does it work offline (aka, where is the cache, and how big is it)

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
I have completely removed 0.6 and any previous traces of 0.7, and reinstalled. Carman cleanup was showing all packages as uninstalled.

Reinstalled, and everything installs cleanly, but I am getting a "no plugins" message. GPS, WLAN and ODB showing as connected. Does the same in simulator mode as well. Am I missing something really obvious?

Any Ideas? Thanks

Gaz

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Yup, its now working without redpill. Very Nice now that everything works.

Question: Can you change from openstreet to Google? Also, does it work offline (aka, where is the cache, and how big is it)
Yes, you can but you'll have to write the Google Maps plugin yourself ... It would be interesting that the people behind Carman state what they think about the Google Maps Plugin possibility ... And may be that they publish the OSM Plugin for example ...

It works offline and the tiles are stored on a repository specified by the plugin inside the Carman directory (for which you specify the place in Carman settings)

Fred

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ It's dark in here. I hear laughing.
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Reinstalled, and everything installs cleanly, but I am getting a "no plugins" message. GPS, WLAN and ODB showing as connected. Does the same in simulator mode as well. Am I missing something really obvious?
Same behavior here. In addition, Carman now connects to my Car-Pal ODB and immediately disconnects.

I have entered bug reports on these two issues.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Mulhouse, France
You should try to run Carman in Xterm with those parameters :
carman-gtk --log-level=debug

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
That does not work for me at least. However with a little bit of lateral thinking an alternative is..

carmand vvvv

however it does not show any information regarding plugins unfortunately - all the messages I get at least are sucesses

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Still nothing on which BT ODB-II devices it supports?

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

Tags
carman