I've got two friends who've been hyping the Iphone for quite some time.

Recently I made them a video of N800 usage/multitasking (terminals, chatting, MP3 playing, Canola, surfing, Maemo Mapper, killing some processes in the terminal, etc etc) and they were both very impressed.

Well, see for your self:
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/838458/MVI_7364.MOV
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/838458/MVI_7365.MOV

Also I noticed that a brand new N810 is about 210-220 Euros, which is almost so cheap you just got to get one even if you don't need one....Very nice price for such handy devices...

Just ordered two used ones, both for 150 euros. Hope they are in good condition as promised....

Sure hope Nokia can get it's act together with the N900 and future devices to compete with others...

The Following User Says Thank You to cybe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ South Wales, UK
If you're in the UK Expansys has the N810 for £149.99:
http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=158518
That's about 175 Euros I think?
Don't know about shipping to Europe, though.
(Disclaimer: I don't have any connection with Expansys and don't endorse them in any way.)

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
Videos make my N810 look a little flat. But still multi tasking is awesome, I can record a meeting while taking notes and looking up info on the web. nothing to touch it yet.

Yes I sold my N810 and now have regrets. I picked up a 2nd hand 3G Iphone, has a real neat factor but no way for DUN networking and I refuse to get placed into 2 YEAR PRISON SENTENCE with AT&T.

I have Jailbroke and unlocked the unit and now run Tmobile for a pay as you go for data and phone service, but not much Tmobile service and Edge data is snail slow.

Looking at another N810 on EBAY....for what it is worth.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by timwatt View Post
Videos make my N810 look a little flat. But still multi tasking is awesome, I can record a meeting while taking notes and looking up info on the web. nothing to touch it yet.
With what do you record the meeting? (I've found Maemo Recorder problematic.)

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Today I just saw the iPhone 3GS, proudly announcing that... the iPhone now had.... copy & paste (not cut, btw).

I laughed. It was funny. The "presenter" was not speaking about unusual copy paste combinations, requiring overly complex implementations like OLE. He just copied and pasted some text and a bitmap. No formatting. Hell, I even shared the laugh with some still-using-a-featurephone (with copy&paste) friends. One of them even said, word per word, "I though It could do that already".

I am sorry, but everybody who has bought an iPhone deserves it (note that I'm not insulting anyone).
There's no way you're going to convince them with features alone (and this should make you --and me-- think twice before faithfully repeating again that "that this bug/feature needs to be fixed in order for maemo to be a success"). Now, if you have bricks or some other throwable projectile...

Last edited by javispedro; 2009-07-21 at 21:55.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Love my N810 and you couldn't give me IPhone 3GS. My son has one and he pays $90 per month with AT&T for unlimited everything. I pay nothing for everything with my N810, ha ha ha. Now with Google Voice it is even better.

The Following User Says Thank You to danahyatt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danahyatt View Post
Love my N810 and you couldn't give me IPhone 3GS. My son has one and he pays $90 per month with AT&T for unlimited everything. I pay nothing for everything with my N810, ha ha ha. Now with Google Voice it is even better.
The only thing I envy about the iPhone when I see it is..usually when I see them, I don't have an internet connection (I don't have a data plan on my cell phone). If I had a constant internet connection I'd be jealous free.

Though you might want to point out to your son he's not really paying for unlimited everything (at least I think so). He's paying for what cell phone service providers like to say is "unlimited", but if you try to use it, they'll clamp down on you.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Originally Posted by danahyatt View Post

I hear ya, I've had mine for about four days now and I'm in love with it. My friends back home boguht into the craze... one got the iphone 3gs and the other bought the palm pre. well i know the one that bought the pre is happy, but was always a palm fan and likes it, but the other always had phone issues, from dropped calls to it cutting out on him while at home and at work ( places he frequents a lot during the week ) and he thought once he got the almighty iphone all these problems would go away since to him it was new an advanced, well needless to say they didnt but since this is his first "real smart phone" ( aside from the old one i gave him, pantech duo) he is acting like he's so much more technologically inclined now it's stiffering... but funny, becuase i struggled to learn what i know about my device by reading these threads and forums but he just clicks big colorful pictures otherwise known as apps to do things. no biggie though it all in what you make of it and if it works for you, then hey... workout

Last edited by jalladin; 2009-07-22 at 00:05.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Illinois
Here's something I really envy of iphone owners: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb This would fit the internet tablet even better than the iphone with the stand and a bigger screen.