Notices

Hi,

I want one feature with calender..!!!

1) Calender should put my mobile into "Silent Mode" whenever there is meeting..and put it back to "General Mode" after meeting is over..!!!

2) There should be setting in Calender which will enable/Disable above feature..

Is it possible to customize calender like that?

I am ready to develop this but I am new to Linux....I do not know how to start ...

yogi900

anybody wants to comment on this ?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
hmmm.I do not know how closed calendar is but it's quite probable that this could be implemented with some profile app. It probably needs some daemon in background that checks between interval x for calendar database and does something if it finds for example mark /*\ from entry.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Well the official Nokia calendar will probably never be updated. But if you insist that this would be a good feature, create a Brainstorm about it here:
http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/

Notice the "Improving the Calendar on the n900" section.

On the other hand, a lot of buzz is now headed "Calendar Home Widget"'s way, and you could maybe suggest that the author implements this suggestion as a feature?

Calendar Home Widget is here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=55018

The Following User Says Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
There actually already is a brainstorm dedicated to improve the calendar. This would be the right place to add your enhancement request...

The Following User Says Thank You to sxc For This Useful Post:
Thanks everybody..

I found that somebody has already put this in brainstorm dedicated to calender...refer Solution #52

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Have you voted for this solution. With only 2 votes (one being mine), it's unlikely to catch...

Originally Posted by sxc View Post
Have you voted for this solution. With only 2 votes (one being mine), it's unlikely to catch...
Done..!!! I was having some problem with logging into community...but now voted for this feature..!!!