Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
yes, http://www.micron.com/~/media/Docume...pddr_sdram.pdf looks good at first cursory glance:-)

Thanks
/j

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Urgently searching for a 1GByte PoP RAM chip to place on top of the OMAP SoC!
N9 has 110J1H0K which is a phantom chip (doesn't exist in real life, only in the local reality created by Nokia inside N9)
TI Zoom2 OMAP36x obviously also has some 1GByte PoP chip, could somebody please find such device and read the label on this chip and tell it to me here?
Or even better, tell me where to buy ~200pcs 1GByte LPDDR PoP-168pin chips

Many thanks in advance!
jOERG
Is it a good idea to ask for critical hardware over here in the open?
I noticed the project has been catching some attention in main IT press and one phone call to Micron may shut the doors to 200pcs till babies are born with Android chips inside their brains.
If I am out of line , I apologize, I like open but you know how they play the games.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Is it a good idea to ask for critical hardware over here in the open?
I noticed the project has been catching some attention in main IT press and one phone call to Micron may shut the doors to 200pcs till babies are born with Android chips inside their brains.
If I am out of line , I apologize, I like open but you know how they play the games.
Fairly paranoid attitude, if I may say so.
Who do you think would see such a hobbyist project something worth the trouble to disturb?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
indeed, particularly since micron never will sell 200 pcs of any of their chips, we need to get them from farnell, mousser, digikey, alibaba... Good luck with calling all those and convince them to stop selling a particular component to anybody. Sounds like trying to stop Sebastian Vettel by convincing $big_oil not to sell any more gasoline to him.

/j

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-11-21 at 08:51.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Alu case will ruin all antenna tuning. I also wonder how it's related to Neo900. (aka "OT")
Whilst custom cases are indeed OT, antenna considerations may not be. As mentioned in post #1194, I've replaced the housing of one of my N900s. I still plan to write up a proper summary, although I have a lot going on right now.

A bit of warning - the two strange, detachable, bits of plastic in the back cover (under the battery cover, i.e. hidden from normal view) with the mounting screws going through them are actually the GSM and WiFi/Bluetooth antennae, respectively. That is to say, they have some circuitry inside them. The housing that I purchased had those bits, except they were just plain bits of plastic of exactly the same shape, with the result that the phone did not work unless I used those bits from the original housing.

So I think it's worth emphasizing due care when choosing any aftermarket cases. Sorry if I am stating the obvious, better safe than sorry.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Fairly paranoid attitude, if I may say so.
Who do you think would see such a hobbyist project something worth the trouble to disturb?
Paranoid, true.
Who would disturb this project?
In fact I think they already have way in advance.
The supplier of the chips in the first place would disturb the project, based on agreements with his current big customers that demand exclusive prices for higher volumes.
I am certain they could support such a project with almost free overstock of chips but I guess they won't for commercial reasons.

2nd in line the companies that have destroyed the N900 development in 2010.

NSA?

If some key people would have been more paranoid we might have been using an N900x with 2GB RAM today.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
pichlo
Thanks, we are aware of the antennae and of the many many fakes you can buy at aftermarket. That's why we need to start early with ordering samples and evaluating them, and that's why we need a good idea of the number of cases (and other critical parts) we need to source. In the end it will be this stuff that might not allow us to serve any orders that came in 'late', i.e. without a "preorder" in form of a 100+ donation. It might take several months to source the additional critical parts for additional orders we didn't calculate with.

/j

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Urgently searching for a 1GByte PoP RAM chip to place on top of the OMAP SoC!
N9 has 110J1H0K which is a phantom chip (doesn't exist in real life, only in the local reality created by Nokia inside N9)
TI Zoom2 OMAP36x obviously also has some 1GByte PoP chip, could somebody please find such device and read the label on this chip and tell it to me here?
Or even better, tell me where to buy ~200pcs 1GByte LPDDR PoP-168pin chips

Many thanks in advance!
jOERG

http://www.winbond.com/hq/enu/Produc...owerDDR2SDRAM/

They claim "we deliver"

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
They claim "we deliver"
2Gb (i.e. 256MB) max?

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Glad I could be a help But but but, micron won't deliver?

The Following User Says Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!