I interrupted one or more processes with a power down to swap out a SIM card and subsequently corrupted a few things being my MfE account and the Calendar. The result was a crippling near 100% CPU and memory usage by as-daemon and the Calendar.

I hope this post will come up in a search and save the next person some time and perhaps an unnecessary reflash. This was compiled from Google TMO searches and my own experience.

I could only execute a few things before generating the error: Too Many Applications Running. Then a reboot was required.

To find out what is pinning the CPU open Terminal and enter:

Code:
as-daemon - I had to delete my MfE account to stop as-daemon. I did this from Menu - Settings - Mail for Exchange - Settings - Delete. It took several attempts and long lag times to eventually access the MfE settings. In this situation there's probably a better way to do this from Terminal.

To stop the Calendar from pinning the CPU:

Warning: This completely deletes all calendar entries.

Code:
cd .calendar
rm calendardb
I think I'm done with MfE so I can't comment on creating a new account and re-syncing the Calendar with recurring events.

Fortunately my MfE account and Calendar entries were not too important and my N900 is functioning properly again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kriek For This Useful Post:
if you had backup menu installed, you could boot into a recovery console and manually make the changes too.

but you do need that installed first