Active Topics

@BruceL, is it actually printing for you?

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
I won't have access to a printer until late tonight (it's 2pm here). But it acts like it is ready to print. I can try to add a printer, etc. That's why I hope someone will try it out.

Testing would mean: installing 3 debs (cups, lpr, cups-tools), browsing to the control panel using the web browser (http:.//localhost:631), adding a printer, and trying to print a photo or pdf with lpr. (lpr myPaper.pdf).

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by BruceL View Post
Testing would mean: installing 3 debs (cups, lpr, cups-tools), browsing to the control panel using the web browser (http:.//localhost:631), adding a printer, and trying to print a photo or pdf with lpr. (lpr myPaper.pdf).
Bruce IŽll be happy to become a gunea pig for you on this over the weekend. IŽve been waiting for this for a long time.

The Following User Says Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Sadly, there is a configuration problem. ('Unsupported Format' whenever I try to print anything.) I'll keep working on it this week.

Originally Posted by BruceL View Post
Testing would mean: installing 3 debs, browsing to the control panel using the web browser, adding a printer, and trying to print a photo or pdf with lpr.
Hmm... Where we can download these debs? 'Unsupported Format' message may occur due to wrong ppd or configuration file of your printer. I will test your build of cups with my HP Photosmart D7263 printer connected with wi-fi router by LAN cable.

The Following User Says Thank You to fLegmatik For This Useful Post:
fLegmatic, the problem is that I had not included foomatic and ghostscript. I have built and installed foomatic and I am working on ghostscript. So it wouldn't work for you just yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BruceL For This Useful Post:
Hi BruceL,

thank you for all the work. I'd also be very happy to try this so let me know if you'd need some more hands.

Good luck :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to trelirodia For This Useful Post:
It's printing! I just printed a test page, a text file, and a PDF.
Now I need to figure out how to package it all. CUPS can make its own debs. But I need to figure out how to 'en-debify' foomatic and ghostscript.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to BruceL For This Useful Post:
Cool! Nice work - looking forward to be able to print SMS's and emails!