Active Topics

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lagos, Nigeria
So I usually turn off developer-mode after I'm done debugging apps, but I left it turned on overnight. The Battery Usage gave me a notification this morning that battery drain has been detected, and idle usage jumped from 26mA to 90mA.

Can anyone else confirm that developer mode is indeed the culprit? Or could it be something else draining my battery?

Developer mode is not causing problems for me. Average idle use is 18 mA here. I don't have every mode enabled and debugging, tracing, test automation, logging, examples and ipv6 are off for me. Would't be surprised if logging, debugging or tracing could cause increased battery usage.

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lagos, Nigeria
I don't have any of the extra modes enabled either. I'll keep monitoring it and see what happens.

I had the same problem with batery. It came after first switching to developer mode and instaling Gears.deb trought terminal. Batery lost about 50% after 3 hours.

I solved it by uninstaling Gears.deb .. so this problem maybe depends on what you instal in developer mode.

And that could be the reason why every N9 behave differently.

The battery consumption is very subjective. When I updated the firmware my idle consumption drop from 18mA to 8mA. I was delighted. And then I decided to do a battery calibration by a full charge dischage cycle. Now my average idle current has gone up to 43mA or about 3% per hour which is rather high. I did not change the phone setting at all.

By the way my defination of idle is internet off , 3G(four bars) with all notifications or sync off. No application running except the settings app.

Originally Posted by waibeng View Post
The battery consumption is very subjective. When I updated the firmware my idle consumption drop from 18mA to 8mA. I was delighted. And then I decided to do a battery calibration by a full charge dischage cycle. Now my average idle current has gone up to 43mA or about 3% per hour which is rather high. I did not change the phone setting at all.

By the way my defination of idle is internet off , 3G(four bars) with all notifications or sync off. No application running except the settings app.
I had the same problem. but without the charging cicle. It suddenly jumped from 10 to 50mA.

What do you guys use to measure mA?

@narzix there's a battery usage app in the store.

I have no problems with developer mode when using wifi. My average idle usage is 6mA on wifi with developer mode and im turned on. Now I'm not sure what the culprit is, but I do know that my idle usage jumps upwards of 60 to over 100mA once I switch to 3g. Very irritating especially when the battery usage app doesn't show a large increase in activity for mobile networks.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
My Idle usage jumped to 80mA yesterday after I rebooted the device as my cell radios appeared to have crashed - at the weekend it was approx 30mA... It stayed at around 80mA today and I havent installed anything. I installed developer mode but usually have it turned off. Really love to know what happened and get it back down to 30mA for idle...

Makes me wonder whether the mA numbers we are getting from the battery app is real as in measured with an internal current sensor or calculated indirectly?