Great!

I was able to make IMAP work with that settings :-)

My INBOX has 4000+ emails and works ok, although the first time took a wile before displaying the messages... I suggest people with huge inbox to configure the filters from the webmail, which works even through the IMAP client...
After the first time, the inbox is shown immediately :-)

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
Originally Posted by NoX View Post
Great!

I was able to make IMAP work with that settings :-)

My INBOX has 4000+ emails and works ok, although the first time took a wile before displaying the messages... I suggest people with huge inbox to configure the filters from the webmail, which works even through the IMAP client...
After the first time, the inbox is shown immediately :-)
What configuration setting in the webmail works for you?

Still no updates on workin settings for Yahoo mailbox with over 2000 emails?
Anyone please help.

Settings from my last post are working for me, but I have just few messages in mailbox. Because you have 2000 emails, maybe you should wait longer for the first time and probably you should have good and fast connection (WiFi or 3G).

I have suggestion, try to create another yahoo account just to check if these settings actually work for you.

Originally Posted by jzaumu View Post
This is some very useful information but I think first of all, you should go to your yahoo mail options and enable "Allow your yahoo! mail to be POPed. After this, just go through normal configuration on your mobile phone and everything is done
Had the same problem but after logging onto yahoo & enabling POPed in my yahoo mail account (as jzaumu advised above) from: Options > Mail options > POP & Forwarding > Allow your Yahoo! Mail to be POPed > Save Changes.

Then clicking the blue square help [?], & then Yahoo! Mail POP/SMTP Settings > POP Yahoo! Mail Plus with Another Email Client. I copied those settings in my phone, it all started working fine now.

Now all I've got to do is get my yahoo messenger to work on my phone.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Alabama, US
THIS WORKS. Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by kolos View Post
This worked for me:

Account title: (any title)
Name: (any name)
User name: user name (without @yahoo.com)
Password: password
E-mail address: email address
Incoming server (IMAP4): imap.n.mail.yahoo.com
Secure authentication : unchecked
Secure connection: None
Port: 143
Outgoing server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Secure authentication: Login
User name: user name (without @yahoo.com)
Password: password
Secure connection: SSL
Port: 465
Use connection-specific SMTP servers: unchecked

Originally Posted by ebivr View Post
Had the same problem but after logging onto yahoo & enabling POPed in my yahoo mail account (as jzaumu advised above) from: Options > Mail options > POP & Forwarding > Allow your Yahoo! Mail to be POPed > Save Changes.

Then clicking the blue square help [?], & then Yahoo! Mail POP/SMTP Settings > POP Yahoo! Mail Plus with Another Email Client. I copied those settings in my phone, it all started working fine now.

Now all I've got to do is get my yahoo messenger to work on my phone.
I am not sure POP is an option for Yahoo US mailboxes. What yahoo mail do you have? US/ UK/ AUS etc?

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by jzaumu View Post
This is some very useful information but I think first of all, you should go to your yahoo mail options and enable "Allow your yahoo! mail to be POPed. After this, just go through normal configuration on your mobile phone and everything is done
Hi Friends,

I'm from the Philippines and I have a regular Yahoo! Mail account (not a regional Yahoo! account such as @yahoo.com.ph, but a generic @yahoo.com email). Followed the simple instructions above (signed in to mail.yahoo.com on the Internet, went to Options, etc...). After saving the optiont to "Allow your Yahoo! Mail to be POPed", I went back to my N900 and set up a new email account (used Yahoo! Mail Plus) in the normal way. Working fine!

Going a little bit off-topic (and hopefully someone can guide me to the right direction/thread)...When I purchased the phone (firmware PR 1.3) I was able to easily add a Yahoo! Messenger IM Plugin for Conversations. I flashed my phone (still with the same exact PR 1.3...as in the same one, Global not US) but now I'm unable to log in. Yes I can log in to my Yahoo! Messenger in Pidgin but I really want to be able to use all my IM accounts (Facebook, Ovi, MSN, Yahoo!) via the default Conversations app.

EDIT: It's okay now. I just updated the Plugins for IM Conversations by enabling the extras-testing repository. After updating it works well. I also installed the Plugin for Microsoft Office Communicator, works fine for me.

Last edited by topet2k12001; 2011-02-01 at 23:54.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Is smtp (sending mail) working? I can receive mails but doesn't seems like its sending anything although modest says mail sent.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
Is smtp (sending mail) working? I can receive mails but doesn't seems like its sending anything although modest says mail sent.
For the US, it works. smtp.mail.yahoo.com is the outgoing server. See attached for my settings.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:

Tags
e-mail, email, frematle, guide, howto, imap, maemo, maemo 5, modest, pop3, tutorial, yahoo e-mail, yahoo email, yahoo mail