Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Last year we extended the competition over the summer months to allow students to write in their time off, so why not just run it over that timeframe this year?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by timoph View Post
IIRC it was proposed that the prices for the competition are not n9s but n950s so I'd say that's a worthy trophy.
I read somewhere a mail by Quim about the device seeding program that no previous N950 receivers should get a additional device. And since I received last year a N950 I'm not sure if I could get eligible to receive a price just in case I could win something... but a N9 would be also great! But I'm also not sure about this.

I think we should clarify this before since many members who were eligible to receive a N950 last year are participating in developing competitions around maemo and MeeGo.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Who is still around and what are your thoughts about repeating the competition. Specifically, is there anything we want to do differently this year (other than having voting ready to go)?
Voting has been the sticky point in the first two coding competitions so you're definitely correct to highlight that. The good thing is that we've been through the process now, there won't be the same delay as last time. We should also reach out to Zehjotkah to see if he's happy again to accept donations to his paypal for collecting a community bounty. And arranging some prizes in general. Those 3 things in place - voting, paypal, prizes - the rest of the competition will fit into place.

Oh and someone to do the driving - a focal point for questions, getting threads created, keeping everyone updated, etc etc .. i did the first one, Zehjotkah drove the second one.. he might like to do it again, he did a great job.. is there anyone else who'd like a go at that?

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-04-24 at 12:43.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
The prizes can default to N950 exchangeable by a N9.

Another possible prize could be an invitation to Nokia World or Qt Dev Days, but I would need to ask. Not for all winners, maybe as an extra fior the top 1-3?

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
The prizes can default to N950 exchangeable by a N9.

Another possible prize could be an invitation to Nokia World or Qt Dev Days, but I would need to ask. Not for all winners, maybe as an extra fior the top 1-3?
And what about for other people that are involved or want a device such as beta testers? Are they ineligible to receive an N950 because they aren't competing in the coding competition?

Outside of that I am fully supportive of the prize to Nokia World for the top 3 winners of the coding competition.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Last edited by Arie; 2012-04-24 at 21:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
The coding competition is one of the 4 streams proposed for device seeding in the mailing list discussion. You are all welcome to propose ideas for any of these streams, or for new streams. They all need volunteers btw. Please follow up in the mailing list.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I'm back, *****es!

dang it!
And we thought SOPA/PIPA/whatever censorship would be bad...

sooo, just wanted to say that I can do a little bit... What do you think about using our submission-platform again? (http://competition.meetmeego.org/)
PayPal: okay, but is a community fund necessary this time? I mean, we have 20 N950!!!!

voting: we could use the same thing as last year...

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2012-05-04 at 20:54.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
I'm back, *****es!

dang it!
And we thought SOPA/PIPA/whatever censorship would be bad...

sooo, just wanted to say that I can do a little bit... What do you think about using our submission-platform again? (http://competition.meetmeego.org/)
PayPal: okay, but is a community fund necessary this time? I mean, we have 20 N950!!!!

voting: we could use the same thing as last year...
Where did you get 20 N950's from, from what I've read there isn't anywhere that 20 was mentioned, but I could be wrong, please point me in the right direction if I am.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
sorry, I meant 25 devices.
Quoting Quim from the mailing list:
Alright, 25 devices for the coding competition. Based on last year's precedent. Confirmed.
http://maemo.org/community/maemo-com...02fa4e21242124

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
sorry, I meant 25 devices.
Quoting Quim from the mailing list:

http://maemo.org/community/maemo-com...02fa4e21242124
That's what I thought, thank you for clarifying Cosimo.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas