Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by marktold View Post
You couldn't be further off with you guess. We have 5 children and I have been taking digital pictures for a long time. My N900 is kind of another backup place with the benefit of having all images in my pocket.

Taging them would take a very very long time
What software are you using for managing your photos on your PC (and, on what OS/distro)?

and I can imagine that swichting a phone could break the tags and make me sad having tagged everything for nothing.
Tags I have assigned in Digikam (under Linux on my laptop, which is how I manage my photos) are visible in the 'details' of photos. However, I don't see how to filter on my own tags (only the Nokia defaults of Favorites, Art, Birthday, Christmas etc.)

What I would like on/regarding N900 that only Nokia can provide:
-Better Ovi Maps
-Ovi Suite on platforms other than Windows (really, if you have a Meego netbook and a Nokia Meego phone, shouldn't you be able to load maps?)
-USB host mode in default kernel
-Be able to filter on different/custom tags in photo viewer
-Fix existing bug filed about geotagging issues when no data connection available, but GPS is available with more accurate fix ...

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Aperture Science, Inc.
And it should be able to walk the dog.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Tedri Mark View Post
2)general improvements in responsiveness (Although I've yet to upgrade to 1.3 so not sure how much has improved..)

For example I just missed a phone call because my n900 was busy, so the answer button took too long to be redrawn. As limited as the iPhone is, it always seems responsive no matter what is going on..
Recommend you update to PR1.3.
The main noticeable difference is the improved responsiveness in desktop swiping and kinetic scrolling.
Email and web are also much quicker.

In PR1.2 I also found I was missing calls when the phone App took too long to appear.

After installing PR1.3, the first test I did was:
1. Set the phone App to Portrait mode
2. Close the phone App
3. Play a video file
4. Rang the N900 while the video is playing
5. Phone App appeared right on the first ring with no glitches

Much better than in PR1.2.

Last edited by Maruzko; 2010-10-29 at 12:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maruzko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
My 5

1) Nanobot generated arms and competent benevolent AI to do my homework.
2) Holographic screen using some fangled algorithm on the LCD.
3) 32TB of storage using some fangled algorithm on the 32GB of storage.
4) Unicorn horn
5) Wings.

/s

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
Originally Posted by marktold View Post
Ok, we all know Maemo is kind of dying.

However besids bugfixes these are the 5 things I think would be the biggest improvement for me to make the N900 the perfect phone.

#1 Differend volume settings for at least ringtones and rest
#2 A back button visible in mircorB fullscreen mode
#3 Add to playlist, remove from playlist in media player
#4 A scroll bar for or quick links http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._address_book/ (scrolling through 5000 images or songs requiers a lot of flicking)
#5 if Flash 10.1 would actually enable me to watch flash videos it would be nice.

What are your 5 (somehow realistic) wishes?

Markus
Well, I don't share your opinion on Maemo, funny fact: I remember, a year ago, after MeeGo announced LOTS of ppl was sure N900 is DOA, here we are; PR1.3 released, now It's possible (and It's awesome) to play WebOS games, installing NITdroid, USB OTG and many other things, we got lots of apps and N900 is still not dead.

Anyway, even If It's dying; Can you explain how is different volume settings or back button on fullscreen gonna save it?

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
You forgot FREE voice navigation. Without it, the N900 will always be below the Android phone...let alone iphone.
In terms of android which uses googlemaps online for navigation, maemo got mappaero with googlemaps online voice navigation and is working well...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
No, but does this forum really want yet another post *just* like this? We've only just had a firmware update - be happy for a bit and be patient. There's some brilliant development going on in the community here - there's loads of good things coming, and not necessarily from Nokia.
This is, as far as I can see, the first post-1.3 thread about what further improvements people would like to see that isn't full of whiners. I think it is exactly the type of post we need.

Oh and yes I forgot the 'open in new window' thing, that is annoying to me too, generally if i open something in a new tab or window in this case it is because I want to carry on reading the page I'm on while the new one loads. So either a setting in microb or another menu option in 'open in background' would be good. or even ctrl-click to do that.

(Or maybe I shouldn't have said all that and hope that it will just appear magically through telepathic signals in someone at Nokia's head)

The Following User Says Thank You to Tedri Mark For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
My 5

1) Nanobot generated arms and competent benevolent AI to do my homework.
2) Holographic screen using some fangled algorithm on the LCD.
3) 32TB of storage using some fangled algorithm on the 32GB of storage.
4) Unicorn horn
5) Wings.

/s
Wow, you have almost the same list I had. I would only change the 5th to Ability to make user invisible

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mc_mice For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Aranel View Post
Well, I don't share your opinion on Maemo, funny fact: I remember, a year ago, after MeeGo announced LOTS of ppl was sure N900 is DOA, here we are; PR1.3 released, now It's possible (and It's awesome) to play WebOS games, installing NITdroid, USB OTG and many other things, we got lots of apps and N900 is still not dead.

Anyway, even If It's dying; Can you explain how is different volume settings or back button on fullscreen gonna save it?
Technically Maemo is dying in that it has no direct successor that's the next Maemo. It's being replaced by Meego.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 216 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by buchanmilne View Post
What software are you using for managing your photos on your PC (and, on what OS/distro)?
Having a big family and a business really leaves me very little time for stuff like organizing. At the moment I have folder IMG0001 through IMG0040 and every time I empty my digi cam I make a new folder. WIN XP mostly.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8844

missing a scrollbar? Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...tic_scrolling/

Add quickbar (ABC, DEF, ...) in the Contact App. Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._address_book/

Tags
mmm nice & pert, pert 1.4 mmm, pr1.4, will save the, world