Originally Posted by selfish_russian View Post
Nokia will never succeed in US.
I don't see why not if they changed their strategy. Elaborate further as to why this is an impossibility.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
Originally Posted by jcar302 View Post
Here was the response i got this morning.
"Hi Joe,

Thank you for emailing the Nokia Careline.

We appreciate your interest in our product.

In response to your concern, we would like to inform you that the release date of the Nokia N9 is yet to be determined. Also, we are unable to guarantee if the said device will be available for purchase in the United States. What we can suggest to you is to frequently visit our website as well as our discussion board for more information on this matter.

We are hoping for your patience and understanding on this matter."

A glimmer of hope that a US version may come?
...or, an automated response IT dept. hasn't updated yet to reflect the fact the N9, in fact, will not be sold in the U.S.

"The Cake Is A Lie"

The Following User Says Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
Is this the new strategy & marketing nokia promised months ago ? ("Quick sale after announcement,..."). I still don't understand where are they going ... Can't say now again "I always trust in Nokia" like I said before.^^

And why not let people choose between Meego or WP on their device ? and simply see what to do after few months of sales ...

**** nokia strategy ! engineers should decide what to do in a better world \o/

The Following User Says Thank You to dtergens For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by dtergens View Post
And why not let people choose between Meego or WP on their device ? and simply see what to do after few months of sales ...
So far as we know, Nokia haven't ported MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan edition to the hardware required by WP7.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I think owning your data is a very old concept. It's just one that has become unfashoinable due to the rise of this cloud computing bollox and the proliferation of social networking services.
it became unfashionable because people don't organize their own data. They want to click one button and have everything just sync

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
So far as we know, Nokia haven't ported MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan edition to the hardware required by WP7.
Correct ! But the both seem so very close to each other, so why not make same HW (swipe, ...) on the two device and give better choice to consumers !
They can do it for sure...

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Is this the new strategy & marketing nokia promised months ago ? ("Quick sale after announcement,..."). I still don't understand where are they going ... Can't say now again "I always trust in Nokia" like I said before.^^

**** nokia strategy ! engineers should decide what to do in a better world \o/

Well, see that is the point. I have full options of choices. I can get the N9 sim free, I can get in on contract, I can do the same with any Symbian, and any WP phone incl Nokia, or iPhone or android or Bada or whatever i want. The majority of people on this planet have the same choices as I do.

Correct ! But the both seem so very close to each other, so why not make same HW (swipe, ...) on the two device and give better choice to consumers !
Nokia have already decided on the answer; from their perspective, there's nothing to be gained by asking the question.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
You know what ? I already know that, but I don't know why I am still dreaming

...I don't know why I am still dreaming
You're not the only one doing it, and at least you're not taking a massive global corporation from "down" to "out" with your dreams.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????