Notices

Originally Posted by snooky View Post
the number in the phonebook?
yes it's +49...

in wazapp its without the +
but i guess this is normal as i saw it before the same way
Strange, my solution would be to make sure that you don't have the same number listed either in international format or in your normal local format saved on another contacts details.

Basically search through your contacts on the N9 phonebook to make sure theres not a duplicate of the number either international or local format

If there is a duplicate, deal with it, as Wazapp will act like the default call and text interface and just show the number as its linked to more then one contact card.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

I really wasted my money thinking wazapp coming for N900

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Originally Posted by shaz View Post
I really wasted my money thinking wazapp coming for N900
Wazapp is coming for N900. It's my main focus after the upcoming release.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 239 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Strange, my solution would be to make sure that you don't have the same number listed either in international format or in your normal local format saved on another contacts details.

Basically search through your contacts on the N9 phonebook to make sure theres not a duplicate of the number either international or local format

If there is a duplicate, deal with it, as Wazapp will act like the default call and text interface and just show the number as its linked to more then one contact card.
i found the solution. the number of the contact was imported from facebook. after i deleted the facebook details and add the number manually it worked. so this could be a minor bug tgalal can look at.

The Following User Says Thank You to snooky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by snooky View Post
i found the solution. the number of the contact was imported from facebook. after i deleted the facebook details and add the number manually it worked. so this could be a minor bug tgalal can look at.
Yeah, although sometimes this bug occurrs with the stock messaging apps. I honestly want to disable facebook and skype from importing numbers! I don't mind the contact details, but I dont want their numbers, because it means if somebody changes their number but doesnt update facebook or skype, I have to have two numbers for them instead of one, stupid that we can't turn it off..

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Yeah, although sometimes this bug occurrs with the stock messaging apps. I honestly want to disable facebook and skype from importing numbers! I don't mind the contact details, but I dont want their numbers, because it means if somebody changes their number but doesnt update facebook or skype, I have to have two numbers for them instead of one, stupid that we can't turn it off..
I still have a contact issue.. after adding the international code to my contacts, the sync was complete, and with all my contacts...
But the other day, the contacts were lost again, and resyncing didn't help... I had to change back to no international code, resync, and then add the international code, once again, so the sync would recognize my contacts....... no way i'm doing that to all my contacts.. maybe someone could help?

Originally Posted by marco_ch View Post
alright

for users with the following problem:

v.0.2.4 working well
v.0.2.6 not connecting, red-dot, contacts syncing well

changing the codeline in the walogin.py did work for me

see thread #122 for the code
Thread #122 doesn't show you any code, besides v0.2.6 was not available then. I have tried to change the walogin.py. Do I change as root? How do I save it from terminal so it takes effect. Any help is appreciated.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Just a suggestion, would it be possible that on the Availability Menu when tapping on top screen, that Wazapp also be included? So we could set up Online or Offline by clicking there just like with Facebook / Skype?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by biz78 View Post
Thread #122 doesn't show you any code, besides v0.2.6 was not available then. I have tried to change the walogin.py. Do I change as root? How do I save it from terminal so it takes effect. Any help is appreciated.
Figured it out. For anyone having problems....after editing

Press esc then include :wq to save and quit. Now am connected. Hope that helps.

I wanted to know whether anyone used SIP calling while being online on wazapp ?? The call gets dropped every 3 mins or so , bt when i quit wazapp & used SIP calling ,the line was perfectly fine and didn't drop for almost half an hour. Any1 facing a similar issue ???

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp