Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
You propably need the same variant, you can search in navifirm for your country/region. Or look on the box
that is the point. It is not avaliable yet 059J260

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
can you explain how to format the whole phone...my phone here is stuck in a reboot loop

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
can you explain how to format the whole phone...my phone here is stuck in a reboot loop
Same issue

I have had some similar problem. I had picked up a used, but perfect condition N9 and it was still running MeeGo 1.1. I tried several times to download 1.2, but was having trouble. One day while I had my phone linked to the WiFi, I started the download again and it was having trouble, and I just left it alone for a bit while I was working. When I checked it again, the phone had apparently updated to 1.2. It seemed fine, but when I wanted to download the "Gtalk Video Call" it keeps failing and giving me one of two strange messages. "Can't install- Installation package not found" or "Can't install- Unable to trace installation package dependencies". I tried to contact Nokia support, but they couldn't give me a straight answer. Today, I downloaded this app called " Home screen settings" which you can use to change the background on the home screen and the color scheme as well as having the screen rotate as you rotate the phone. Well, after downloading it the options to change the background, and color scheme as well as brightness are not showing on my screen.

All of this makes me think that the upgrade to MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan didn't go all the way through. I don't know much about this stuff, but it just seems that something isn't right here. I am working in Afghanistan currently, so I didn't know if my location would have anything to do with these download errors. I will be heading back to the U.S. pretty soon.

Anyone have any ideas of what the heck is going on?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Paladin01 View Post
I have had some similar problem. I had picked up a used, but perfect condition N9 and it was still running MeeGo 1.1. I tried several times to download 1.2, but was having trouble. One day while I had my phone linked to the WiFi, I started the download again and it was having trouble, and I just left it alone for a bit while I was working. When I checked it again, the phone had apparently updated to 1.2. It seemed fine, but when I wanted to download the "Gtalk Video Call" it keeps failing and giving me one of two strange messages. "Can't install- Installation package not found" or "Can't install- Unable to trace installation package dependencies". I tried to contact Nokia support, but they couldn't give me a straight answer. Today, I downloaded this app called " Home screen settings" which you can use to change the background on the home screen and the color scheme as well as having the screen rotate as you rotate the phone. Well, after downloading it the options to change the background, and color scheme as well as brightness are not showing on my screen.

All of this makes me think that the upgrade to MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan didn't go all the way through. I don't know much about this stuff, but it just seems that something isn't right here. I am working in Afghanistan currently, so I didn't know if my location would have anything to do with these download errors. I will be heading back to the U.S. pretty soon.

Anyone have any ideas of what the heck is going on?
You must have some very wierd phone, as N9 has never had Meego 1.1 firmware release, there has been "Meego 1.2 Harmattan PR1.0", "Meego 1.2 Harmattan PR1.1" and "Meego 1.2 Harmattan PR1.2". You shouldn't talk about Meego 1.2 as it just confuses people, its just better to to say Harmattan pr1.0, pr1.1 and pr1.2.

You can find firmware flashing guide in here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82693 that should solve your problems atleast if you secure wipe during reflash you should get your phone in a state that it doesnt have conflicting packages or repoes.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-03-24 at 12:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
You can try this with flasher:
Code:
flasher -f -F fiascoimage.bin  --flash-only=kernel
If this working.. you don't lose everything.. If bootloop continue.. Just:
Code:
flasher -f -F fiascoimage.bin
Hope you have some backup.