Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
another vid on the way.........

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ a spot
Okay, so after getting dedicated 2GB partition for MeeGo...what now?

The Following User Says Thank You to GigaByte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Just to let you know:
I followed the instructions on http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=41 and bricked my phone.
I had power kernel 46 installed before that, so this might have been the issue. Anyway, afterwards I rebooted and got into u-boot. It always came to the point of " starting kernel..." and then restarted. With the keyboard open, I could get into the already installed backupmenu, how ever could not restore the backups as it could not mount the partitions

The only to get it working again was to flash it
Its not a big deal, as I always have a backup, but its a pain to reload everything again.

So if somebody can let me know what I did wrong, I would like to give it another try.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Last edited by caco3; 2011-06-26 at 22:02. Reason: typos

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
with it you can have maemo again

first http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Using_Rescue_Initrd
second flash with maemo firmware pr 1.3 and emmc files

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
The only to get it working again was to flash it
Its not a big deal, as I always have a backup, but its a pain to reload everything again.
I have read that you had Power Kernel v46.
This is the problem!
Following the guide you have flashed a Power Kernel v47 with U-Boot embedded, but power kernel v47 needs kernel's modules v47 and you have only kernel's modules v46 installed on your phone.
So phone reboots when it tries to load kernel's modules and it not finds them.

Problem Fix:
- ReFlash the kernel v46 (only the kernel)
- Boot the phone and then upgrade to power kernel v47
- Only then you can follow the DarkGUNMAN's guide

Last edited by Fabry; 2011-06-26 at 23:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fabry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
All right, thanks for the tip!
Now I got it working.
I actually thought point 1 would install the complete kernel including all modules.

Would there also be a way to get backupmenu working with u-boot?
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland, Białystok
My n900 needed a reflash so I thought that I'll finally try that fancy MeeGo CE and I've installed it on eMMC
Well I know it's project in progress, but ... we're still not there. Main screen, menu - this works great, but rest needs much more tweaking. It's buggy and unresponsive. Someone said that browser works great - not for me. Too much frustration and waiting :P

I look forward to next releases tho! MeeGo UI <3 .

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by Magik View Post
My n900 needed a reflash so I thought that I'll finally try that fancy MeeGo CE and I've installed it on eMMC
Well I know it's project in progress, but ... we're still not there. Main screen, menu - this works great, but rest needs much more tweaking. It's buggy and unresponsive. Someone said that browser works great - not for me. Too much frustration and waiting :P

I look forward to next releases tho! MeeGo UI <3 .
As someone else pointed out (sorry I can't remember who) there's a bug in the emmc install whereby you have no swap. Try creating a swap file and enabling it.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
All right, thanks for the tip!
Now I got it working.
I actually thought point 1 would install the complete kernel including all modules.

Would there also be a way to get backupmenu working with u-boot?
I remember the two dont conflict, so you might be able to install it. because its not like multiboot that reflashes the kernel everytime, but just loads a program if you get what I mean. so I don't think they conflict. am sure someone stated in the backup menu post.