Notices

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Don't worry, I'll have a method of attaching a GTX Titan to the N900 without an external power supply soon enough.

Then we can play Crysis 3 at not-20 FPS!

Originally Posted by RiD View Post
hehe nice aprils fool! Was it through VNC? :P
Yes, it was VNC on some "steroids" config, to make it faster over LAN connection. The fun thing, is that it was really "played" using N900's keyboard and touchscreen, while recording that video :P

I hope it also bring some more attention to gdizzz's Homeworld SDL port, which - by any means - isn't any kind of joke, and by now, most advanced game available for N900, natively or not.

As for The Witcher, while i like CDP RED studio that made it, and absolutely adore game itself, reality isn't as joyful for Linux users - Witcher depends much on DirectXShit(tm), and even by using wine, some unfixable bugs remain. Interestingly, MAC OS version uses almost same method as Wine, and there, those bugs are fixed - but, apparently, code changes haven't made it into PC code branch-> patches (so workaround for linux to get no bugs is to use mac version bits through wine... *sigh*).

There are rumors, that they're rewriting things to work on OpenGL instead (or at least, that Witcher 3 will use OpenGL), so I hope that my joke - which was also published on their's forum - will add to the motivation

I wouldn't expect them to go Relic's say and release source code (like with Homeworld) - REDs still hope to sell someone rights to make game on their (The Witcher 2's) amazing engine. BTW, if anyone is still in doubt - no, even then, we wouldn't have enough resources to run ARM port of it

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-04-02 at 22:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
kings, n900-rox, opengles, which-fool, witcher