Notices

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
I wanted the same but didnt knew how to ask it thanx for the thread lots of new things to learn

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
And, along similar lines, I have been able to install and start the squeeze version of incron (subject to satisfying a dependency on adduser, and listing relevant users in /etc/incron.allow). It'll need the startup script replacing with an event.d version, but I think that porting incron to maemo might well be the way to go.

This would allow for a filesystem event-driven daemon with a crontab-style interface, geared up to monitoring arbitrary directories for specific filesystem events and executing arbitrary commands when they happen. That could handle photo backup with and without microSD card, per-file or rsync, whatever. I'm not sure I can package it for Maemo, but that would look like the obvious solution...

Edit: incron is potentially interesting in its own right and I have spun off a separate thread for discussion of implementation and usage, in which the first example is for photo uploads.

Last edited by magick777; 2013-06-12 at 18:20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magick777 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Guys, this thing has already been solved by cloudsync.sh...

I'm running it with my N9, but as it uses standard tools (rsync, cron, python) it should be runnable with N900 just as it is

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
As Estel said, or even just a sharing app to make dumping pics to an FTP as easy as sharing up to youtube or picasa.

things also needed for anti corp/gov protesters.

-easy audio I/O data app using ax25, fax, or psk31 so off network data becomes possible using CB,PMR,FRS,MURS, amateur radio, amateur satellite, shortwave, marine radio, and business radio; preferably using the easy share with a service so that anyone can use a FM radio to send a picture or file even if the local phone cells are shut down. There is plenty of linux source code ready to go for this but something like kpsk is simple for non tech users. Right now you can for example with a coat hangar yaggi antenna, a FM walkie talkie or radio scanner, an audio patch cable, and a radio fax or SSTV program on your computer receive pictures from the space station or weather satellites.

-Voice crypto for GSM voice calling

there is more discuss here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=74348
I think this post got quite "unnoticed" due to throwing too much mushrooms in one soup - not rightly though, as some ideas here are quite nice (yet, rather for different projects).

Could you, please, write more about, how - from hardware side - things like:

[quote]easy audio I/O data app using ax25, fax, or psk31 so off network data becomes possible using CB,PMR,FRS,MURS, amateur radio, amateur satellite, shortwave, marine radio, and business radio; preferably using the easy share with a service so that anyone can use a FM radio to send a picture or file even if the local phone cells are shut down.[/code]

...could be possible? Using FAX & friends protocol sounds very interesting (would allow to send thingies without actual network connection, just using voice dial), but sadly, I don't know about anything about pre-requiments.

OTOH, other ideas - like amateur radio and FM - I can't imagine how we want to achieve it on N900 hardware-wise? Not saying that it is impossible, but it would help to write more about practical implementation ideas.

/Estel

// Edit

Speaking about independent ways of communication, it's pity, that mesh network never worked OK in our case, and was cut from kernel-power (IIRC), instead of getting fixed
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2014-09-08 at 11:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
whats up on this any sane simple way for uploading photos

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Estel, the above are easy enough to do, just install hamfax on the Debian chroot that has audio enabled and use either a audio patch cable or bluetooth to your small FM handheld or whatever your transceiver looks like.
hamfax shouldn't be too hard to get compiled native and work with an accoustic coupler or an impedance match to phone fax rx/tx from the N900 via audio or straight patch to a radio.
http://hamfax.sourceforge.net/
fldigi for the multi modes is already on the repos

Last edited by biketool; 2014-09-07 at 18:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:

Tags
inotify, interlace image