Posts: 79 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ holland
is there any chance to get whatsapp to meego...?
(whatsapp) is already for symbian .

Originally Posted by hayman View Post
is there any chance to get whatsapp to meego...?
(whatsapp) is already for symbian .
I am really afraid to lose it.. it depends on whatsapp, if they will make it available on meego or not.. let's hope so.. would pay for it again

The Following User Says Thank You to Hakki_01 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Hakki_01 View Post
So if I understand it good, the Meego OS takes 2GB, there is 3,9GB for apps and then you have 8,8GB left for pictures, music, videos and other documents?

What about maps, are they placed onder the apps or under docs? What if 3,9GB is full (easier to do when maps are placed there)? can you assign other location?
The root partition is 3.9gb total and harmattan on the n950 takes around 1gb. And no more space for apps than that and I doubt that you'll ever need more.

About maps I've no idea if they could be placed in MyDocs or not. If not they will chew space of the root partition I guess.

Edit: There is no /opt partition on harmattan so if you should compare the space available for apps with the n900 you'll have to add the space for / and /opt together.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Last edited by xerxes2; 2011-09-11 at 21:03.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
This must be the sickest thing I've seen in a long time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y5I6Qqmvs4
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Maps are in MyDocs. http://wiki.meego.com/Migrating_from...950#Map_loader describes how to populate its cache while connected over USB which means MyDocs as that's the only partition exposed over USB.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to abbra For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
What's new is that Nokia has confirmed (for all practical purposes) that we will see lots of cool devices based on Swipe/Qt. We will see both WP and Swipe phones coming.
stop spreading ********, microsoft wont allow fragmention.

Windows phone its not gotta get QT OR swipe UI. nokia won't see Swipe UX on nokia phone unless they drop WP

The Following User Says Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Thats pretty cool, do the Qt/QML apps have similar keyb short-cuts?
AFAIK no. I seem to remember seeing some environment variables that you could use to show some of these things in QML apps.

Of course, since N9 does not have hw keyboard these kind of short-cuts are pretty meaningless, MTF or QML.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
stop spreading ********, microsoft wont allow fragmention.

Windows phone its not gotta get QT OR swipe UI. nokia won't see Swipe UX on nokia phone unless they drop WP
He probably meant that there will be Windows Phones and Swipe Phones (2 different products), not that Windows Phone will get QT OR swipe UI. Probably Swipe will go on S40, I suggest reading this article:

http://mynokiablog.com/2011/09/08/vi...ge-1/#comments

...and watching this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...1XmJkU#t=1m54s

see that "swipe gesture" on the menu? (it kind of sucks tho )

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
ROTFL that would be awesome and then they go Meego Harmattan instead LOL

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????