Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
I fear there could be a case of serious fraud going on at Nokia right now.
Everyone knows they are sitting on cash reserves of a few billion, yet there has been recent reports that they are turning to Microsoft to help with financing? Where did this come from?

http://gulfnews.com/business/telecom...-out-1.1019168

It makes no sense at all that a company with large cash supplies would risk being financed by a huge company like M$, that basically means if things get worse and M$ call in the loan, they will own the kitchen sink if Nokia cannot pay them back.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Faustino For This Useful Post:
Nokia has less than 4.9 bn€ cash now, and it is expected to rpoduce losses in every quarter this year while waiting WP8. If Nokia could sell 2- or 4-core Meego phones with PureView camera while in this waiting period, all would be better than OK. But Elop the mole negotiated exclusive contract with MS so smartphones cannot be made with any other OS but WP. Extremely stupid and un-professional decision from Nokia, and there must be some deeper untold political reasons why this happened.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Faustino View Post
I fear there could be a case of serious fraud going on at Nokia right now.
Everyone knows they are sitting on cash reserves of a few billion, yet there has been recent reports that they are turning to Microsoft to help with financing? Where did this come from?

http://gulfnews.com/business/telecom...-out-1.1019168

It makes no sense at all that a company with large cash supplies would risk being financed by a huge company like M$, that basically means if things get worse and M$ call in the loan, they will own the kitchen sink if Nokia cannot pay them back.
It would basically mean that they are selling their soul to MS.

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
I wonder if I could sue veikkaus, the company behind lottery in finland, because I haven't won.

Originally Posted by timoph View Post
I wonder if I could sue veikkaus, the company behind lottery in finland, because I haven't won.
That's different. You were not misrepresented that you could have won if you bought a ticket.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
It would basically mean that they are selling their soul to MS.
If they haven't done already!

Like i said before though, Microsoft would have little interest in manufacturing, it would be Nokia's patent portfolio that they want.

Far more money in licensing nowadays.

The Following User Says Thank You to Faustino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
That's different. You were not misrepresented that you could have won if you bought a ticket.
how? when you buy stock you're making a bet that you'll win something with your investement. There is always the risk of losing no matter what a company says. Not all plans play out like the company expects them to (they're also taking risks). If someone buying shares doesn't grok that then it's better to stop buying stock.

Originally Posted by Faustino View Post
If they haven't done already!

Like i said before though, Microsoft would have little interest in manufacturing, it would be Nokia's patent portfolio that they want.

Far more money in licensing nowadays.
This would be the following final move, i.e. the lid on the pot. MS can go as far as blackmailing. We give you money, you give us patents.

Last edited by patlak; 2012-05-07 at 09:41.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Just buy more stock and sit for 2 years. You will triple the value
Which company you talking about? Apple, Samsung???

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 110 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bangalore
Nokia crying to mama Microsoft

Nokia should sell Maemo and Meego to Samsung !!