Posts: 84 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Ames IA, USA
Nokia shares have dropped really low today to $7.80

Nokia shares have never been this low for a long time. This is a good time to buy into Nokia.

I think one day Nokia shares will be up to $300 just like Apple. After all Nokia is the largest phone producer and they are too big to fail despite their deal with Microsoft (which I think is causing their decline in shares)

Imagine buying 10 shares today for $7.80 and selling those 10 shares 1 or 2 years from now for $300 each. (Assuming Nokia shares rise to $300)

I believe in Nokia and bought shares for the first time today from Nokia. About 10 shares at $7.84 each. I will hold on to these shares and hope that Nokia shares rise to $300 one day. Then I will sell them.

Companies like google had their shares start at about $100. Now Google shares are about $560.

So what is my message. After watching a show on CNBC, my message is now that Nokia shares are down and affordable, this is the best time to buy them, then sell them later on when hopefully they go up to $300.

A great place for traders to start trading is sharebuilder.com which is owned by ingdirect.com

Good luck!

Last edited by txh; 2011-03-16 at 19:35.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Buy shares in a company that will go WP7?

Not a ****ing chance!!! I already had sold mine.

I better buy stock in digia instead.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
When Nokia goes under $3.00 a share I'll jump.

Imagine buying 10 shares today for $7.80 and selling those 10 shares 1 or 2 years from now for $0.30 each

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by txh View Post
Nokia shares have dropped really low today to $7.80

Nokia shares have never been this low for a long time. This is a good time to buy into Nokia.

I think one day Nokia shares will be up to $300 just like Apple. After all Nokia is the largest phone producer and they are too big to fail despite their deal with Microsoft (which I think is causing their decline in shares)

Imagine buying 10 shares today for $7.80 and selling those 10 shares 1 or 2 years from now for $300 each. (Assuming Nokia shares rise to $300)

I believe in Nokia and bought shares for the first time today from Nokia. About 10 shares at $7.84 each. I will hold on to these shares and hope that Nokia shares rise to $300 one day. Then I will sell them.

Companies like google had their shares start at about $12. Now Google shares are about $560.

So what is my message. After watching a show on CNBC, my message is now that Nokia shares are down and affordable, this is the best time to buy them, then sell them later on when hopefully they go up to $300.

A great place for traders to start trading is sharebuilder.com which is owned by ingdirect.com

Good luck!
What is the ticker? It's worth a gamble to be honest when they are low. It is puzzling why their shares have been low for quite a while now, even before the big Microsoft Deal. One would think a company like Nokia with the market share (back in the good old days) of phones and smartphones, that their shares would be higher in price.

Send the ticker, I'll put in a few bob... I just recently made a killing on LON:BLNX..
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

I would have jumped on this if I believed in their mission still. Unfortunately I don't, and I would quite like the Microsoft deal to be proven to have been too risky, and ill-advised. It should be a race to openness, in my opinion, that's a real distinguishing feature from Apple and even Google to an extent.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dead1nside For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Ames IA, USA
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
Imagine buying 10 shares today for $7.80 and selling those 10 shares 1 or 2 years from now for $0.30 each
lol. That's funny.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Falls Church
the share price will drop further no need to gamble at this moment wait it out a while

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mukati For This Useful Post:
dude, please take a basic economics class

You are seriously naive, at $7, the market cap is 30Billion
at $300, the market cap would be 30 Billion * 40 = 1,200 Billion

Exxon Mobil,probably the largest company in the world by market cap is 400 Billion.

Please STFU, the only way NOK will go to 300 is reverse split or hyper-inflation. Going back to $30-$50 in 5 years... sure, can definitely happen if they dont screw up

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bugelrex For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by mukati View Post
the share price will drop further no need to gamble at this moment wait it out a while
If you plan on Nokia shares growing to $300, you better have an extremely good reason to wait further instead of grabbing what you can get/afford right now. If 50x in 2-3 years isn't good enough for you, that I don't know what is.