Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Well, the original Harmattan device was supposed to be launched a few months ago and apparently was cancelled because the hardware wasn't up to scratch.
I guess we can all hope that Microsoft has given billions of dollars to Nokia, and that it turns out Nokia doesn't know how to make hardware anymore either!

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Detroit, MI
So, after all this talk, there is one thing that eludes me: why discontinuing Maemo?

if nokia was smart they woulda had harmattan to market on an n9 device last fall.

or even E7.

symbian 3 was a total waste of dev time, they should have stuck with s40 for the kiddie phones and made various flavors of harmattan on all of their E and N series devices. no reason it cant have a lightweight ui for the midrange phones

The Following User Says Thank You to jerryfreak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
was android perfect upon its release? how is it doing today?
iOS id.

(10 characters)

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
What I find curious is how an unknown banking analyst, clueless about MeeGo, was able to conveniently write an open letter to Nokia and Microsoft urging Nokia to adopt WP7 and his thoughts on MeeGo: "Get rid of your own proprietary high-end solution (MEEGO) – it’s the biggest joke in the tech industry right now and will put you even further behind Apple and Google.". This piece was published and all over the web.

In the days before the announcement there was also a piece about Nokia's huge R&D spending that suddenly showed up also out of thin air. There are far too many coincidences in the lead up to this event. He decided to go with WP7 long before the day before the announcement as he has said.
On Friday he said Nokia engineers had already been working with Microsoft engineers a couple of months yet on sunday he said the decision to go WP was only made Thursday lol.
The decision in his mind was made long time ago, what he really should of said was he only convinced other on Thursday to get green light

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Random troll thought...

Who is going to provide support for Nokia WP 7 devices? I mean Nokia's staff doesn't have a clue . Are they gonna train them or they will hire MS employees?

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
Random troll thought...

Who is going to provide support for Nokia WP 7 devices? I mean Nokia's staff doesn't have a clue . Are they gonna train them or they will hire MS employees?
They'll probably do what most people do, I'm guessing they will just be forwarded to some kind of WP7 helpdesk if it's a software related problem or Nokia themselves if it's hardware related.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by alcalde View Post
Major markets viewed Symbian the way they viewed station wagons... as outdated.
what markets are you talking about?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
[..]

The MSFT flunky that invaded Nokia was invited by Nokia's board of directors.
Well, thats the Evil side of a public owned corporation:

Finnish Newspaper Reports That American Investors Forced Nokia To Hire Stephen Elop [Nokia's New CEO Is The First Non-Finn In The Company's History - But New Report Claims That Nokia's Hand Was Forced In Hiring

The source of this article is Kauppalehti, a newspaper from Finland. Unfortunately, the investors are unnamed in the report.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I have no point whatsoever.

Nokia is the best. They've been on a ascension since 2007, Microsoft is evil. And MeeGo is 100% finished.
Gerbick is now Gerbick of Borg. He's been assimilated.

The Following User Says Thank You to alcalde For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, meego rip