Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
I am not trolling, I am just asking why? I don't understand what more someone would want?
Im a little confused by your thread. Your title is "N900/Maemo haters" but your question is rather in regards to people perceiving a lack of apps. I don't think the "goodbye" threads are mainly from people who hate the device, rather mostly they are written by people who find a better range of software and services on another device.

Some prefer a standard portrait UI based device. Some want a more reliable phone with a better range of call functions. Some want closed apps only available on other devices that wouldn't be possible to port. Some are interested in augmented applications that require a digital compass which is missing on N900. And to be honest, your list of games only highlights the lack of new games written for/available on the N900.. it can be argued that this is not a device for a modern gamer. Personally I'm annoyed that it doesnt have a bit more RAM

Every device has it's pros and cons and won't suit everyone. We all pays our money and makes our choices, imo it's fairly simple and straightforward

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
That's the weird part - every one of my friends who sees my N900 (regardless of their level of experience) wants to know where to buy one - the most negative things I have heard about the N900 have been on here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Yeah, I have all the apps I need and plenty more. Thanks to all the people making awesome apps like the MMS app and Mappero! There are some silly things like no ovi-sync etc. but much less limitations than in any other OS. Actually I'm doing fine with only 100 apps installed.

I find it interesting that someone buys an Ipnhone with 2 billion apps because android has only 200000 haha

The Following User Says Thank You to maakoi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Im a little confused by your thread. Your title is "N900/Maemo haters" but your question is rather in regards to people perceiving a lack of apps. I don't think the "goodbye" threads are mainly from people who hate the device, rather mostly they are written by people who find a better range of software and services on another device.

Some prefer a standard portrait UI based device. Some want a more reliable phone with a better range of call functions. Some want closed apps only available on other devices that wouldn't be possible to port. Some are interested in augmented applications that require a digital compass which is missing on N900. And to be honest, your list of games only highlights the lack of new games written for/available on the N900.. it can be argued that this is not a device for a modern gamer. Personally I'm annoyed that it doesnt have a bit more RAM

Every device has it's pros and cons and won't suit everyone. We all pays our money and makes our choices, imo it's fairly simple and straightforward
I've read a few "Goodbye N900" threads because they claimed they did not have enough apps. Maybe they were just using the Ovi store. I don't know. I agree the N900 is thick and does have it's downfalls and is far from perfect. But I don't see any problem with lack of applications.

The Following User Says Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by kralde View Post
I have a friend, that his arguments are :

"The n900 aren't a "best-seller" phone, so because that, the phone is a s**t.
A stupid argument in my opinion. The reason of that is easy; in the marketing of today, common users want a phone with 999 mpx of camera, facebook, twitter and stuff like that, and not a phone with open source, Linux OS, and the things that we all know( dual boot, etc...)

"The n900 and maemo have a lack of apps, because android market/apple store have 99999999999999 apps"
Another stupid argument. Is SOMEBODY in that planet that have already installed the 999999999 apps in their mobile? of course NOT, and while in maemo we have 10 apps for music, in the app store you can find at least 300 . There are more options? Yes, is true, but by the way, is the same: Music player.

"Oh yeah, but maemo still having a lack of apps"

Here it goes again. What the hell do you want? 9999999 apps like apple store? no thanks, i prefer almost 2000 apps , totally open source, and almost all FOR FREE, (maybe in 100 you have to pay), a "mobile" where i can install the WONDERFUL android with 9999999 apps included.

I dunno how to talk with him , because when you start to explain the things that I said above, he stops you and said "n900=s**t" without reason.
How I hate some Iphone users...

What can I do with this stupid-closemind friend? Kill him?
You cannot change peoples mind and/or opinion. Just don't bring up this subject again with your friend

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to razzvi18 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
Originally Posted by kralde View Post
What can I do with this stupid-closemind friend? Kill him?
No, don't do that! Ask him to google something as he listens to some music, download an mp3 and send it to you via bluetooth

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zifis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
I've read a few "Goodbye N900" threads because they claimed they did not have enough apps. Maybe they were just using the Ovi store. I don't know. I agree the N900 is thick and does have it's downfalls and is far from perfect. But I don't see any problem with lack of applications.
Ahh.. but if you can't get that one single app you need or would like, that you seen available on the Iphone or Android handset, then that's enough to trigger the "not enough apps" reflex in some people.

There's a huge commerical industry creating applications for iPhone and Android (and RIM, Bada, even Symbian..) that don't give the N900 a second look - from games, banking, TV and online media companies to mention a few. From next year we'll start to see new types of services rolling throughout UK such as NFC payments. So it's not that hard to imagine there will be applications and services that are attractive to people only available on other devices, and the trend is for that gap to increase. The trick is for Nokia to turn the goodbye threads into "goodbye N900, hello N9" threads as we move on to newer devices.

And actually i like the thickness of the N900.. see, we're all different

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
Originally Posted by razzvi18 View Post
You cannot change peoples mind and/or opinion. Just don't bring up this subject again with your friend
This is just that i am trying to do, but is he the one that start the subject. I think that i just ignore him xD

The Following User Says Thank You to kralde For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by razzvi18 View Post
yes but...can it make me lunch ))) JOKE

Leaving all jokes aside, i love my n900. With this phone i replaced my old laptop, my remote control for the TV,DVD and even PC, my webcam, my mp3 player and a few other stuff.

I don't know what could you possibly ask for, that the n900 cannot do.
Flash 10.1 !!!!!!111!!!!11

j/k

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by zifis View Post
No, don't do that! Ask him to google something as he listens to some music, download an mp3 and send it to you via bluetooth
yes or something even simpler, if he has an older iPhone, not the iPhone 4 , ask him to change the wallpaper ))

The Following User Says Thank You to razzvi18 For This Useful Post:

Tags
blah blah blah, blah the end, criticismhearit, flamebait, popcorn time, quit happens, still blah blah, stop it, trollfest