Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
we have an open meego projec but now all people here see doesnt want it?
The sources of this project are being released open, but please - it's not an open project...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
I think first step should be to secure the current resources:
  • repositories
  • stock firmware
  • documentation
  • forum
  • anything that is significant

This should include all devices in maemo program.

This must be done without antagonising Nokia. Securing the permission to replicate the content is a possible task for the council.

At the same time, the funding and governing of the future project is also a big issue (donations by members, companies, open source organizations...).

The future development pretty much depends on the number of people willing to maintain/develop each obsolete device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
I think first step should be to secure the current resources:
  • repositories
  • stock firmware
  • documentation
  • forum
  • anything that is significant

This should include all devices in maemo program.

This must be done without antagonising Nokia. Securing the permission to replicate the content is a possible task for the council.

At the same time, the funding and governing of the future project is also a big issue (donations by members, companies, open source organizations...).

The future development pretty much depends on the number of people willing to maintain/develop each obsolete device.
It is not within the cpabilities of the current council and as for "antagonising Nokia" Nokia have ditched this community and Maemo so the only thing that can be done now is to either rip Maemo and completely re-write making all the closed components open like it has been suggested on here countless many times before and one the council ignore beacuse they do not have the ability to follow this up.

The time has really come to stop beating about the bush using "gentle" words and get to the point IF Maemo is to be saved.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
It is not within the cpabilities of the current council and as for "antagonising Nokia" Nokia have ditched this community and Maemo so the only thing that can be done now is to either rip Maemo and completely re-write making all the closed components open like it has been suggested on here countless many times before and one the council ignore beacuse they do not have the ability to follow this up.

The time has really come to stop beating about the bush using "gentle" words and get to the point IF Maemo is to be saved.

Abill, all know that. But in order to replicate everything we have to secure the permission from Nokia.

Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
Abill, all know that. But in order to replicate everything we have to secure the permission from Nokia.
This is the problem, getting permission from Nokia is just NOT going to happen, for one they are too wrapped up in there own grave and secondly the closed pakages are not down to Nokia.

"ripping" means that and is basically what many people have said on here to write new drivers for the components in the N900.

Ask your self a question.... is the current council capable of doing this? NO, BUT they are capable of starting the ball rolling and that is something they refuse to do.

EDIT REPLICATE is not what needs to happen, writing new drivers IS.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-08-05 at 06:27.

Look at the CSSU for instance that is or should i say WAS a huge project onhere, look at the mess it is in because of dev's leaving and the work not going in the right direction.

This is where the council should have concentrated and where the most important part of the Maemo prgression is.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Look at the CSSU for instance that is or should i say WAS a huge project onhere, look at the mess it is in because of dev's leaving and the work not going in the right direction.

This is where the council should have concentrated and where the most important part of the Maemo prgression is.
CSSU is a mess????

Please, if you are so smart and know so much about development, give some of your precious time to MAG, Pali, CepiPerez, Arcean, Freemangordon and all of those that are "clearly" going in the wrong direction.

This was just enough for me from this guy, thanks to the Ignore option.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria

Boy, will you be more specific on left devs, mess and wrong direction. Maybe I am missing something, but I was under the impression that last few weeks several devs actually JOINED (arcean, CepiPerez, ... ), new update is expected once last changes are ironed, etc. Please enlighten us mortals.

If you are correct in what you say it is a MUST to share it with general public, ain't ?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Boy, will you be more specific on left devs, mess and wrong direction. Maybe I am missing something, but I was under the impression that last few weeks several devs actually JOINED (arcean, CepiPerez, ... ), new update is expected once last changes are ironed, etc. Please enlighten us mortals.

If you are correct in what you say it is a MUST to share it with general public, ain't ?
WHEN cssu can take over the os in it's own right and NOT from an sd card then i will say it is getting somewhere, untill then it is just a mess.

We want this to happen so much and now it seems it will not because of little or no dev's left to accomplish this.

Share with this community not the "general public".

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-08-05 at 07:04.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
CSSU in a SD card? You really have no idea what you are talking about.

Last edited by ivgalvez; 2011-08-05 at 07:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:

Tags
goodbye nokia, maemo.org, troll party, winding down